Original topic:

RCS chat messaging is not working after one ui 6.0 update

(Topic created: 12-31-2023 10:24 AM)
tapdiggity
Halo
Options
Galaxy S22
This is very frustrating and I'm surprised that Samsung has not fixed this issue. It is almost going on a month now. When I send RCS messages I later find out that my messages were never sent out sometimes as late as the next day. When it comes to receiving messages I don't get them either. On Christmas day I did not receive one text message yet I know people sent me well wishes because I was told they sent me a Merry Christmas message. I have deduce that this is all related to the one ui update. Does Samsung or anyone else have a fix? 
31 Replies
Popsicle20
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S22
RCS messaging is not a feature of Samsung's messaging app. If you want RCS, you'll have to use Google Messages.

I think I heard that the US carriers would only support Google's messaging system.
tapdiggity
Halo
Options
Galaxy S22
True, RCS is not a Samsung feature, but the point I'm bringing out is that it worked prior to the one ui update.
0 Likes
Popsicle20
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S22
Samsung may have had to drop it. If the carriers won't support more than one network (or whatever it is) anymore, there's not much that Samsung can do about it.
0 Likes
tapdiggity
Halo
Options
Galaxy S22
Drop it? RCS, I thought, was the big push they are trying to make to replace an outdated sms messaging system. Doesn't make sense.
Popsicle20
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S22
Samsung appears to have dropped it, not the industry as a whole. We have RCS, but only through Google Messages, because the US carriers will only support Google's system. If the carriers won't support Samsung's system, there isn't much point in Samsung Messages having this feature.

I'm not an expert on this stuff and I may have mis-remembered what I read about it. It doesn't matter to me anyway - I prefer Samsung's app and will continue to use that for the foreseeable future. I also don't message all that many people. If I did, I might do like the rest of the world and use a third party app like Signal or Telegram.
0 Likes
tapdiggity
Halo
Options
Galaxy S22
Thanks for the info on what may be happening here.
0 Likes
cindyg627
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
I think that's maybe your issue? I have had the beta RCS for months and usually hear about any problems but then I'm still on ui 5.1. kinda dreading the 6.0 update now the more I hear
0 Likes
userbmEHDEFNAc
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

Man that sucks 😕 Guess I'll go back to using Google so I can have that feature again. Thanks for the info.

0 Likes
HiddenRamza
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Is it just messages ?  Do you still receive calls and make them ?

0 Likes