Original topic:

RCS text messages in Google messages broke on One UI 6

(Topic created: 12-22-2023 06:27 PM)
xstahsie
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22

After updating my Galaxy S22 Ultra (T-Mobile variant) from One UI 5 to One UI 6, I am no longer able to send RCS text messages via the Google Messages app; SMS and MMS works fine. And yes, RCS is enabled in the Google Messages settings.

I've tried clearing the app and cache data for Google Messages, Carrier Services, Google Play Store, and Google Play Services. I've uninstalled and reinstalled Google Messages and Carrier Services (both production and beta versions). And I've even wiped the cache partition.

Lastly, I factory reset my phone and even with a fresh install of the OS, the issue persists.

Since I didn't experience this issue prior to updating to One UI 6, I have concluded that this is an issue with One UI 6.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue? 
21 Replies
Gossipfunda
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
  1. Keep an eye out for software updates from Samsung. Sometimes, manufacturers release patches or updates that address issues like these.

2. Contact T-Mobile Support: If the issue persists, it's a good idea to get in touch with T-Mobile's customer support. They may have specific solutions or information related to your carrier's RCS implementation and any issues caused by the One UI 6 update.

0 Likes
Ryan891
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
I have the same device(Locked T-mobile S22U), and rcs is working fine for me. Try this..
Settings/connections/ Sim Manager...turn off the SIM toggle, then turn it back on. I don't know if it will fix the issue but it did for me
0 Likes
xstahsie
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
That didn't work for me. Mine is network unlocked since I've had the phone for more than a year now.

In one of your chats in Google Messages, does it say "RCS chat with [person's name]. Details"?

Also, do you have Google Messages version 20231201_00_RC00.phone_samsung_openbeta_dynamic installed?

I would have imagined a fresh OS reinstall would have rectified the issue. 🤷
0 Likes
Ryan891
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
I have version 20231205_01
Everything else is the same. And this is what the RCS chats look like at the bottom 1702040305484.jpg
0 Likes
xstahsie
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
Thanks. I'm only seeing RCS chat on my Z Fold5 but not on my S22 Ultra.

Also, I was on the phone with T-Mobile support and they were not able to resolve the issue. And T-Mobile tried to get Samsung to talk to me on the phone but they didn't want to. They said they would just have me do the same troubleshooting steps.
KhaDaddy
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Same thing happening with my S22
0 Likes
Robcop23
Halo
Options
Galaxy S22
Absolutely a problem. No MMS functionality
egkilmon
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
My S22 on Xfinity is having SMS issues since updating.
usercBN0aM1Adk
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
I am having major issues, mainly with group texts, but sometimes with individuals as well. Z Fold 5 on Xfinity.
0 Likes