Original topic:

RCS text messages in Google messages broke on One UI 6

(Topic created: 01-07-2024 11:25 AM)
xstahsie
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22

After updating my Galaxy S22 Ultra (T-Mobile variant) from One UI 5 to One UI 6, I am no longer able to send RCS text messages via the Google Messages app; SMS and MMS works fine. And yes, RCS is enabled in the Google Messages settings.

I've tried clearing the app and cache data for Google Messages, Carrier Services, Google Play Store, and Google Play Services. I've uninstalled and reinstalled Google Messages and Carrier Services (both production and beta versions). And I've even wiped the cache partition.

Lastly, I factory reset my phone and even with a fresh install of the OS, the issue persists.

Since I didn't experience this issue prior to updating to One UI 6, I have concluded that this is an issue with One UI 6.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue? 
ajax711
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
I have the same MMS issues with group texts or pictures sent individually from phones
essariah
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
Also having this issue on my S22. Xfinity.
0 Likes
Cring001
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Same problem group texts and pics flip5 any help appreciated
0 Likes
The Elcat
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

I've been unable to receive (or send) images via Samsung messages app over RCS since updating to UI 6.0. I switched to Google Messages app as the default, and no issues. If much rather use the Samsung messages app, it's always worked much better than the Google one.

Galaxy ZFlip 5, Telstra (Australia), unlocked device.

0 Likes
sao9
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Having same issue no one is receiving my text at all I have mobile s22u
0 Likes
Nikki5594
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

Yep, I've been having the same issue for about a month now. I had switched from Samsung Messaging app to Google Messaging app months ago, it's not working if I switch back to Samsung Messages. Xfinity is useless to help, tempted to call Samsung. 

0 Likes
xstahsie
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
They're probably just going to point fingers because that's the easiest thing to do.
0 Likes
lockean
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Had the same issue on an S22 Ultra, just got an S24 Ultra and same exact issue persists. Has to be a One UI 6 problem with no end in sight...
userApmNjoNbq7
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

Any updates on this? Can't send any pics via mms since the update. Just ridiculous...

0 Likes
egkilmon
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Two months in, the issues persist. I usually have to restart multiple times per day, I reset the mobile network at least once a week, and clear the cache. Calls are also affected. Would be nice if Samsung/Android would address this. It's clearly widespread and ongoing. Extremely frustrating.
0 Likes