JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S22 Feedback: Stop nickle and dime routine.

(Topic created: 02-09-2022 07:14 PM)
Samsam66
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

You're going to loose customers like myself who love Samsung phones. But you keep getting cheaper with us. You took the wired headphones, the charger (at least you left the wire so far) the SD card is gone. I'm already looking at other cell phones not from samsung.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungJustin
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S22

We're so sorry to see you're upset, and appreciate your feedback. We'll make sure to forward it accordingly. Thank you for being a part of our Community. ❤️

View solution in context

0 Likes
6 Replies
Solution
SamsungJustin
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S22

We're so sorry to see you're upset, and appreciate your feedback. We'll make sure to forward it accordingly. Thank you for being a part of our Community. ❤️

0 Likes
userO8O3sV5pfb
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
I was very excited over the new S22 ultra however with no SD card it is a pass for Me. Samsung is taking the path of apple it will not end well. SD card give users flexibility to back up data especially when camera are taken in high resolution also not everyone is a Fan of cloud because of data privacy. Furthermore a cloud can be hacked several ways. 
ossi
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Other-Mobile-Devices/Why-the-SD-card-slot-needs-to-leave/td-p/21...

also u can use any storage device. just needs to be plugged in, even an sd card
user734264fo532
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22
ha - the SD card died with S21 series ... pay attention
0 Likes
Cuchulainn
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
I am a fan of the internal SD card as well, but regretably I believe the reality is that it is never coming back. But there are other options as Ossi points out and I use a Samsung Duo, a Samsung SSD and a Vetabim Card Reader with mine alternately for various storage needs.
userWeExRnb8iX
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

Sure, you can do offline external backups to a USB-C device, and I do that all the time.

But I like to carry around a lot of media with me on-device, and a 1TB MicroSD card has been the way I've done that for a long time. Samsung's phones continue to have some of the best displays out there, so I use my phone as a media consumption device regularly.

I have a Note 20 Ultra 5G, and I'm looking at the S22 Ultra and asking "why?" Other than a faster processor, a 1TB storage option (which costs a HUGE premium - let's not kid ourselves, that's the real reason the SD card slot is going away) and perhaps some minor incremental improvements in the camera sensor and the algorithms, I see nothing whatsoever urging me to upgrade - especially when that upgrade is actually a downgrade (losing the SD slot) for me. I suppose eventually Samsung will stop providing security updates to the Note 20 Ultra 5G and I'll have all but no choice if I want to keep using apps that demand security, but there's nothing at all enticing in this year's release - quite disappointing to be honest.