Original topic:

S22 Ultra network issues

(Topic created: 03-06-2022 01:21 PM)
useren6zn9p5jz
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
Hey y'all,

I'm hoping someone here can help me resolve this issue. I recently switched to an unlocked S22 ultra bought from the Samsung experience store out where I'm at. Due to the 3g sunset & my previous phone model not being compatible with the new network I upgraded. Unfortunately ever since, I have had the same issue I had with my previous phone, a note 8, on the s22 ultra. That is, I'm unable to make or receive phone calls even the this phone is supposed to be compatible with the new network I can however, like before, send/receive text messages & access mobile data. 

My question here is if anyone has experienced this problem & if so, how did you got about resolving it?

I'm presently going through my cell provider AT&T to see if it's an issue on their end. As of yet no luck, they're still looking into it.

Any help would be appreciated. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S22

I understand how frustrating this is.  Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try to get the phone working again for those calls. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001613/ 

For concerns with text messaging, you can try these steps: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001439/.

If the troubleshooting is not helpful, you will need to follow up with your service provider for additional troubleshooting steps, as they are responsible for these services. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

15 Replies
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22
When you upgraded your phone did you request a new Sim card? It may be possible that you have an older Sim card that doesn't support 5g, also try Installing Google carrier services which updates your phone's cellular information
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22
Also, make sure that your phone IMEI number is registered on your carrier
cmw458
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
Not sure the answer to your question but I can say where I'm located in Pennsylvania with my unlocked s22 ultra my reception leaves a TON to be desired.... Definitely making me second guess going the unlocked route. At this point I'm thinking I should have sacrificed memory for better reception in order to fully utilize T-Mobiles towers. Bc now I'm losing reception in places I never ever lost it on my note 20 ultra from TMO.
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22
Make sure that you update Google carrier services on your phone, Pennsylvania is a tuff place to get cellular service, also make sure that you have a newer sim card to support the Sprint, T mobile tower conversions, not sure how memory is affected your calling abilities
Tom6068
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
I have an S22 Ultra & I'm also on the T-mobile network. Though this test was early in the morning, I got abt 3x the speed on what my internet provider give which is 200 down/10mbps up. Typically I get 300-450mbps on my data network. Screenshot_20220306-221319_Speedtest_1217_1646622800.jpg
0 Likes
SpudMan9510
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
I have the s22 ultra with no problems. I would go into at&t and get a new Sim witch was already said. I just put my Sim in and everything works
userEONb70wmy8
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

Not sure if it will be any help....I have an S22 Ultra here, but I don't have a SIM card in it yet. There is no "Mobile Networks" or "Network Mode" in any setting anywhere. So, I opened "Connections" in the Settings, and typed "mobile network" in the search data field. Several options showed up that looked like it would be possible to use 4G LTE instead of 5G, but as I have no SIM card in, they are all grey / inactive. I would be curious to know if you are able to change the network setting to 4G LTE in any of those setting options, and if so, if it stays at the setting you put it at and doesn't switch back to 5G on its own. I would like to be able to turn off 5G so my phone won't be always searching for it and drain the battery. Maybe if you are able to change your phone to 4G LTE you might also solve the trouble you're having.

0 Likes
Kdrewh
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
Did you get your answer on how to turn off 5G? I can help if not.
Kdrewh
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
Did you get this issue resolved?