JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S22 Ultra brightness/dim issue

(Topic created: 04-01-2022 03:55 PM)
Options
Galaxy S22

My S22 ultra is set to maximum setting on everything. Extra brightness is on and adaptive brightness is off. Why does my screen brightness still dim and go back bright? Why doesn't it stay on max brightness? I don't understand why it's dimming all the time. Anyone have this issue? Is there a reason for this? Does this happen when the phone gets warm/hot to help it cools down? I need answers! 

13 Replies
WomboWombo
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Check to make sure that the proximity sensor is not blocked by a case or cover on your screen. If you find that the display dims automatically and you'd like to increase the brightness, try deactivating the Adaptive brightness feature to control the screen brightness yourself. 1 Go to "Settings".
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S22
My adaptive brightness is disabled. That's why its puzzling.
Options
Galaxy S22
Could it be when the phone gets hot?
0 Likes
Solution
WomboWombo
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
That could be why, only if you think your phone gets hot often. Also if you are still having problems you can check out this website, it should fix the problem " https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00087643/"
WomboWombo
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Also if you are still having problems you can check out this website, it should fix the problem "https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00087643/"
Jamitz
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
It didnt help. All the settings i need is as per the support page
0 Likes
useraYdqHPT4Vn
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
Mine does the same thing when my screen gets hot
userLfRNislZTS
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
My screen looks like it's auto dimmed even when I screen is locked
0 Likes
Dianahemes
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22

Adaptive brightness works on the proximity sensor, so Check the proximity sensor; maybe it is hidden by a safety case or cover, dust, and more. Check and turn off the Adaptive brightness setting. Increase the screen timeout.

Regards,

Diana

0 Likes