Original topic:

S22 Ultra - Always on display disappears despite set to show always

(Topic created: 06-27-2022 01:30 PM)
springdaleHun
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22

Hello, 

I have an issue with my S22 Ultra Exynos. I charge the phone overnight on a wireless charging station. Since always on display is turned on and set to always show, I can check the time in case I wake up.

Sometimes I wake up and find the screen empty without AOD. Unlocking the phone results in a brief flash and after then the always on display works again. The issue does not happen every night and so far hasn't occurred during the day when the phone is unlocked regularly. 

I have everything updated, restarted the phone, force stopped AOD then cleared data. Since the last update (may security patch) the issue seems to be less regular.

It seems like as the AOD app is either crashing or getting killed in order to save battery - the latter is my suspicion. See attached screenshot.

Anyone else experiencing this? 

Thanks! 

Screenshot_20220509-125008_Settings.jpg

10 Replies
Solution
springdaleHun
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22

The issue no longer reproduces since installing the June update which was quite big in size.

Samsung, it would be great if your tech support wouldn't automatically suggest a factory reset every single time an issue is reported, especially when a fix is already in the works.