JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S22 Ultra S-Pen Paint coming off because of Samsung Quick Charger???

(Topic created: 05-21-2022 12:46 AM)
ageilmelo
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

Hello there, im using Quick Samsung Charger with my phone and i noticed phone getting hot, but i asumed its quite normal, i don't use S-Pen that much but sometimes i do, today when i was taking it out i noticed that it's really hard to take it out of the phone. Weird i tought but i kinda took it out by force just to see that the "paint" or whatever coating it is on it Burned, the pen is not so nice to touch anymore. Anybody had simmiliar problem with thier S-Pen?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Rplatt56
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
You can call your service provider and they will get a hold of Samsung to get it replaced under the manufacturer 1 year warranty. Yes it can be stressful but it can be done. I just had it done with a S21 on my account that the screen would not light up

View solution in context

3 Replies
MaxwellSmart
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
Actually this is the first time I've heard of something like this happening to an S-Pen. I've had a Galaxy Note (and an S-Pen) since their inception and have never heard of an heat issue regarding one.

Obviously there's an adhesion problem with the coating. The coating itself does go through adhesion testing years before it's brought to market. Quite a few tests are run on these devices and accessories from temperature to rub testing.

I work at one of the suppliers of these coatings. I personally apply and test these coatings and can verify under "normal" use there are no adhesion issues. These coatings continuously pass heat testing.

Many companies, Samsung, perform further testing beyond the parameters of the coating' manufacturer. I'd be completely shocked if Samsung hadn't tested the S-Pen for adhesion with the use of a quick charger.

Hopefully your within the first 30 days of your purchase so you could simply return your device and grab a new one. If not you may have a battle on the hands with customer service. 🫣

I believe these issue lay with the quick charger. The overheating likely coincided with your phone overheating which in turn may have caused the adhesion failure. The temperature of the 2 combined must've been well above the heat tolerance for both the coating and the S-Pen.

It's going to be tough to prove and you'll probably have a hard time getting this resolved with CS. Unless Samsung shocks the heck out of you and provides a replacement your best bet is to simply buy a new one and save yourself the aggravation you're most likely to encounter.
Solution
Rplatt56
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
You can call your service provider and they will get a hold of Samsung to get it replaced under the manufacturer 1 year warranty. Yes it can be stressful but it can be done. I just had it done with a S21 on my account that the screen would not light up
MaxwellSmart
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
While I can see why they assisted you for your screen this is a completely different kind of situation.

Of course we'd all like to see something so simple resolved quickly. But sometimes those seem to be the most difficult issues to resolve.

He needs to call Samsung CS before he does anything and see where he stands with them. Hopefully he'll have success. If not then it's time to follow another path which we hope WILL be successful.