Original topic:

S22 Ultra - Texts and Calls Do Not Send/Receive with Wifi ON

(Topic created: 04-04-2024 07:05 AM)
jennj5
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

I'm running One UI 6.0 - all updated.  For the past few months, totally sporadically - I will try to send a text and it will not go through.  Same with phone calls - immediately disconnects. If I shut the WiFi connection off?  Everything works. 

This happens a few times a week, but I don't know I'm not getting calls/texts until I try to make an outgoing call/text.   It happens on a variety of Wifi networks, not just one location and WiFi calling is always on because cell coverage is mid at my job and some of my usual travel spots.

Not sure what I'm missing, can someone shed some light?

9 Replies
bahbah
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Let's ensure we "heart" all the posts here to gain more traction with Samsung.
KimmyCakes
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
I have been reporting the same issue since the UI upgrade in the Members app, including sending the logs. All they ask is for me to send steps to replicate. I can't replicate because it's random and not caused by anything I am doing. The only way I can resolve them is with a reboot. Samsung has not provided a fix or even confirmed it is a known issue.
KimmyCakes
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
I have S22+.
0 Likes
jennj5
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

This is horrible.  I've got a problem with my notifications too - they basically stopped notifying....sometimes.  I'm using maps and someone texts me about where I'm headed - no notifications.  No sound, no vibration.  Phone sitting on my desk?  It doesn't even light up.  I loved this phone since I got it - the past few months have completely changed my mind as customer service is lacking.   I've also got a samsung TV issue that's been going on for months with Xfinity, not a good look.

madwoman53
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
I am receiving at least 8 random calls a day ! It is very annoying . How can I stop all these calls ?
Carbontech86
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
I'm having issues also. Did the newest update and now my phone is cutting cell service in and out constantly. Have had tmobile switch sim card and still happening. I have a s22 ultra. Was working fine before update.
moebetta
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
I finally gave up on my S22 Ultra, since early last fall after an update I'd lose connectivity via mobile for hours, OK on wifi. Took it in to the carrier , installed ESim, network reset. I started to force certain phone band frequencies via the phone keypad codes. Sorta helped, ended up getting a S24 ultra, it works where the S22 didnt
0 Likes
Locobato81
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

I only recently noticed a similar issue on my S22 Ultra. The wife and I usually use Google chat to communicate as her phone S22 seemed to have issues with texts from the beginning. Though it was in large part due to our T-mobile service area. So since we tend to use other web based text apps I didn't notice until last week that I texted someone and when I saw them later they said they had never received the text. So I restarted the phone and suddenly I was able to send texts. 

I even went so far as to stop using the Textra app that I prefer and have used on the last 3 Android phones I've owned, and switched to using the base texting Messages app. That seemed to resolve the issue until just a few moments ago I sent two text to two separate people and both showed the little pinwheel until finally saying it failed to send. Restarted the phone and then had to manually resend the texts and they sent. Very curious what Samsung changed in the last round of updates to be causing this. I was really hoping to avoid purchasing a new phone, but it seems Samsung is using updates to force planned obsolescence to encourage it's loyal customers to purchase new models. 

Smoothsixonenine
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Same issue Samsung Galaxy S21 fe, if im on wifi and wifi calling is on,it is absolutely horrible,i will have to either take off both wifi and wifi calling which im not sure why it effects messages but anyways or i will have to toggle airplane mode om and off and then if i am lucky it will send but most likely i have to restart my phone just for it to send the text messages. Its ridiculous and pretty consistent, everywhere else, outside of the wifi area meaning when data is running and wifi is off. Everything is fine,no problems. It happens on different wifi networks also. Ive tried clearing messages cache,i e tried resetting network settings,ive tried just about everything except throwingy phone down river,its really ridiculous,since more than just myself is having this issue and im guessing we are all not on the same network,it must be an update problem. Smfh fix this Samsung,its ridiculous!