Original topic:

S22 Ultra Trade-in

(Topic created: 04-05-2022 12:02 PM)
TheFamilyMan
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
I haven't even received my S22 Ultra (I'm due to FINALLY receive it tomorrow) and Samsung sent me an email telling me I have until April 17th to return in my trade-in! They're giving me 13 days once I recieve the device.

THAT'S CRAZY.

If I remember correctly, it used to be up to 30 days before you had to return your trade-in. After Samsung verified the tracking info of the trade-in had been shipped within that time frame all was acceptable. But 13 FRICKING DAYS...NO WAY.

I'm waiting until I know my new device is PROPERLY FUNCTIONING FOR AT LEAST A WEEK BEFORE I RETURN MY TRADE-IN AND 13 DAYS AIN'T GONNA CUT IT.😡
8 Replies
krayzie15
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
Ya I would for sure wait a little bit before sending other phone in.
Options
Galaxy S22
Make sure you send in your device by the requested time. I completely agree make sure the new device is up to par but they will charge you the cost of the trade in if it isn't sent by the requested time and getting that squared away is going to be a pain as well. Their policy for trade ins have been super swift lately. You can return the device past 13days but they want your trade in asap or they will charge you and of course getting the trade in device back is a whole nother can of worms.
floydvoid
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
test it out all week and take it to the FedEx shipping center first thing on Saturday morning. it will be there in plenty of time. my trade in went well over 1000 miles to the trade in destination in 4 business days.
Tom6068
Sun
Options
Galaxy S22
You'll have plenty of time to make sure your device is up to par. When Samsung stated the 17th, that means it has to be in the return shipper's care by that date, like FedEx. Once you have that date or before, you're good. Be sure that you get a receipt from the return shipper for the device you're sending in as part of the trade in.
KaleyBhai
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
It was always 14 days. And they count it after they ship the device or device leavs their warehouse. It happened to me before for trading in my watch. They asked to do the trade in before I received the watch.

But I don't remember it being 39 days
0 Likes
CraigSOL
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
The date they are referring to is the date you have to GET IT TO FEDEX BY, not the date it has to be back by.

The only caveat is to make sure it gets to FEDEX by that date. I dropped mine off at a FedEx shipping desk in Walgreens on a Saturday afternoon, but it didn't get to FEDEX until Monday. Luckily my return date was Tuesday, but when shipping it back they do make it clear that it has to be at FedEx by that date and not at a third party shipping desk.
0 Likes
Yamialex224
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S22
I had 14 days to return my old phone from the day it was delivered. If you don't think it will he there on time contact Samsung and get an extension. Or pay for shipping.
0 Likes
TeteVirgo
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
I had 30 days but I sent mine the very next day cause it didn't take me long to set it up and make sure everything was right in one day