Original topic:

S22 Ultra USB C problem

(Topic created: 11-20-2022 07:22 AM)
Alakelele
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Hello Everybody and thank you for welcoming me to this forum.

I am not new to the samsung game, I have started with the note 3 and I am now down to the S22 Ultra Verizon flavor.

And I am not happy, S card out, 3.5 mm out and now....USB stick not working and USB C to 3.5 dongle (samsung official and third-party) not working.

This is a huge disappointment because Note (S22 Ultra now) used to be the do it all.

I have updated everything to the latest update as of today ( Android 13 and others) and yes I have done a hard reset but for the love of god I can't get this USB port to recognize anything but my computer and the charger.
Anyone else with this problem ? Who should I report it to ? Verizon ? Google ? Samsung ?

Anyhow, an engineer somewhere in these three companies has dropped the ball and my S22 Ultra is now a little less practical than my note 9. 

Thank you for listening to my rambling

6 Replies
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22
Might try this ...

Settings app

Developer Options

Tap Default USB

Select what you want ... see screenshots
.Screenshot_20221120-102213_Settings_1000000682_1668961383.jpgScreenshot_20221120-102226_Settings_1000000683_1668961401.jpg
0 Likes
Alakelele
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Already tried, it wasn't the case with the Note 9, it used to detect any flash drive automatically, have you tried to plug in a USB stick or tried to use the USB C to 3.5 mm adaptador ?

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S22
I have an s22 ultra. I use an OTG cable with a flash drive, the phone won't accept them. My Tab A8 and computer sync with them just fine. In developer options it says that my flash drive is calling the shots and I can't switch.
0 Likes
Alakelele
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

It shouldn't be this way, the USB stick works fine on a Note 9 but not a S22 Ultra, where is the logic ? Have you reported that to anybody ?

0 Likes
userj9ilb2C8pG
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Similar problems here with my tab s8+. Basically can't use my usb C port for anything except for charging. Support was useless, as always. Thanks! @samsung
0 Likes
HS1
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

My galaxy s22 ultra recognized usb cables such as android auto. But now it cannot recognize sub cables so I cannot use android auto. it only works for charging...

0 Likes