JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S22 Ultra does not detect S Pen when in slot after February security patch?

(Topic created: 03-01-2024 08:20 AM)
jeepin_chef
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

I have a S22 ultra, the most recent security patch has made my s-pen not work properly. The phone cannot detect it being put into the slot. It still interacts with the screen, but nothing else works.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
jeepin_chef
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
It sorted itself out apparently...

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 Replies
ImPandaMonium
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Try reinstalling it mine isn't doing that. However, I am not using Samsung's case, wait yes I am. But I am not using the folio.
0 Likes
geek1
Halo
Options
Galaxy S22

If the recent security patch has caused issues with the functionality of your S Pen on the Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra, you can try the following troubleshooting steps to address the problem:

1. Restart Your Phone:

• Sometimes, a simple restart can help resolve software glitches. Turn off your phone, wait for a few seconds, and then turn it back on.
  2. Check for S Pen Software Updates:

• Ensure that your S Pen has the latest software updates. Go to Settings > Advanced features > S Pen > S Pen software update, and check for any available updates.
  3. Reinsert the S Pen:

• Remove the S Pen from its slot and reinsert it. Ensure that it is securely in place. Sometimes, reseating the S Pen can help establish a proper connection.
  4. Check S Pen Settings:

• Go to Settings > Advanced features > S Pen, and review the S Pen settings. Make sure that the relevant options are enabled and configured correctly.
  5. Reset S Pen Settings:

• In the S Pen settings, you may find an option to reset or restore S Pen settings. Use this option to reset the settings to their default values.
  6. Test S Pen on Another Device (if possible):

• If you have access to another Samsung device that supports the S Pen, test the S Pen on that device. This will help determine if the issue is specific to your phone or the S Pen itself.
  7. Clear Cache and Data for Air Command:

• Go to Settings > Apps > Air Command > Storage. Clear the cache and data for the Air Command app to refresh its settings.
  8. Factory Reset (as a Last Resort):

• If none of the above steps resolve the issue, you may consider performing a factory reset. Before doing this, make sure to back up your important data, as a factory reset will erase all data on your device.
  9. Contact Samsung Support:

• If the problem persists, it's recommended to contact Samsung support. They can provide more specific guidance and may offer a solution or advise on whether the issue is related to the recent security patch.

Remember to check for any official announcements or software updates from Samsung that may address this specific issue. Always back up your important data before performing any significant troubleshooting steps.

0 Likes
Solution
jeepin_chef
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
It sorted itself out apparently...
0 Likes