Original topic:

S22 Ultra does not vibrate for text messages or messenger

(Topic created: 06-03-2022 09:45 PM)
McKenzie77
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

My S22 Ultra does not vibrate for text messages and messenger. The intensity has been set to high.. I have called T mobile, they have reset my phone 2x and nothing changed. I was informed to contact Samsung for help

9 Replies
krayzie15
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
It's not broken that's the way it is. They changed the direction of haptics from a x axis to a y and for some reason the vibration is weak and people miss messages. Nothing u can do
McKenzie77
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
That sucks but thank you.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S22
Are you sure it's not vibrating? As stated it's now a Y-axis vibration motor so it's less easy to notice but you should definitely be able to tell if it's vibrating or not. If it's not then are you sure you have it set to vibrate for texts? It's a setting
0 Likes
McKenzie77
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Yes I have all the settings correct I went to my carrier and they have no idea what the issue is
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S22
If it's not vibrating at all then you have a problem. While it's not a strong vibration, it does in fact vibrate. That's strange that you have vibration for everything but those two things, that's why I asked if you were positive you had the settings correct
0 Likes
Vysionous
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
So vibration patterns 1-13 do not work or are nearly imperceptible. Custom vibration patterns also do not work. It likely is a software issue but nothing has been done about it since the April update, which imo made it worse. Individual app volume also doesn't work as it should and the S22 Ultra has had many other software bugs that seem to have consistently been ignored.

Try the dubstep vibration pattern as it seems to be the most noticeable.
decaturmama
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Thank you. This is helpful. Just got my phone and thought I was going crazy, missing calls & texts
0 Likes
userHzKkIlcd0e
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

Hi. I bought a new galaxy s22 ultra last week and vibration not work. I immediately took it to the Samsung service center and have been waiting for a week. They said that the vibration motor was not working. Now I have requested a new device, I am waiting for an answer.

0 Likes
McKenzie77
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Ok thank you.. please keep us updated.. I brought a smart watch so I wouldn't miss anymore calls and text
0 Likes