JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S22 Ultra screen deep scratch

(Topic created: 03-07-2022 04:23 PM)
Heroxoot
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

My S22 Ultra already has a scratch. I can feel it with the S Pen. Is this covered by warranty? Or is there something I can do to help it?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Cuchulainn
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22

It won't be covered under warranty for sure. The options would be to put a screen protector on it and cover the scratch or pay for a screen replacement.

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/

View solution in context

6 Replies
Solution
Cuchulainn
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22

It won't be covered under warranty for sure. The options would be to put a screen protector on it and cover the scratch or pay for a screen replacement.

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/
ArtDesk
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
What are you guys doing? In pockets with keys? I've had my Note20 ultra for a while and not a single scratch.
PaperStation
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22

It's probably dirt or sand in pockets.  Keys are usually brass and shouldn't be hard enough to cause scratches on glass.  Which is why most glass screen protectors love to advertise with them going at the screen aggressively with keys/nails knowing well it's not hard enough on the mohs scale to cause scratches.

ArtDesk
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
You can get a clamshell case like one from Zizo i believe that's the brand.
0 Likes
Cuchulainn
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
Especially a scratch deep enough to feel it with the Spen. Last summer I had my phone in a pocket while doing some exterior house painting. While I was bent over it fell out of the pocket and landed face down on some rocks. I thought for sure the screen would be toast. But no, just a couple of tiny scuffs. I was amazed that was all the damage from that.
0 Likes
ChrisAllen
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
I've been using the White Stone Dome Glass for a couple years now and it's been amazing for me! I'm a serious OCD case about smudges let alone a scratch and I also suffer from ButterFinger-ides. I'm ALWAYS dropping my stuff but...no scratch or issue 😎😎