JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S22 Ultra unlocked - eSIM issues

(Topic created: 06-27-2022 06:41 PM)
JBDiGG
Halo
Options
Galaxy S22

After the June security update that dropped for unlocked s22 ultras today. I can no longer update my app throughs the galaxy store. When I go there and click menu in the lower right. I then see that I have 3 updates. But when I click on dates to see which apps and to actually update, nothing happens. 

I already cleared cache and data. Force closed the app. Restarted my device. Nothing works. No issue before update. 

UPDATE: June updated bricked my eSIM. Physical sim works and eSIM does not. 

Every time I went to make a call it said imei missing. Couldn't update any apps through galaxy store. Signed out of Samsung account and it said imei missing. 

Ran to ATT store and swapped for physical SIM and everything working again

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
JBDiGG
Halo
Options
Galaxy S22
Reported the error using your steps and this was the response I just received. SmartSelect_20220712-223846_Samsung Members_2630_1657687127.jpg

View solution in context

26 Replies
Tony M
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S22
Updated mine on att unlocked s22 ultra and no issues
Bruce_Engle
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22

It is only a problem with eSIM. 

0 Likes
JBDiGG
Halo
Options
Galaxy S22
Your phone is att model unlocked or you have a Samsung unlocked? If so I will go back and reactivate my eSIM because I was dual SIM.
0 Likes
Tony M
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S22
My phone is samsung unlocked .can use on any carrier
NPC1
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S22
Can you get a new esim assigned? Is that how it works with esims?
JBDiGG
Halo
Options
Galaxy S22
Yeah I can have them reprovision the eSIM. I got there 5 minutes before close. My dual SIM physical SIM worked so I just got a physical SIM for ATT. I will go back in the next few and try eSIM again. My personal phone was the eSIM so I needed it to work before they closed.
Bruce_Engle
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22

You can reprovision the eSIM, but I have already tried that and it does not fix the problem.   

userKFtyDmdUXi
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22

Same issue with TMO unlocked.

Also I lost the ability for wifi calling

EDIT:

So I removed my esim and added back and I now have wifi calling and galaxy updates works.

EDIT 2:

I rebooted my phone and lost wifi calling and couldn't get Samsung updates to run.

I disabled esim and turned it back on and it didn't work.

I then turned off all the lock options for esim, tried turning off esim and back on and that worked!!

Not sure if rebooting and having esim lock on broke wifi calling, I would need to do some more testing

Bruce_Engle
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22

Where are the eSIM lock options that you are referring to?

0 Likes