Original topic:

S22 Ultra volume maxes itself

(Topic created: 05-20-2022 11:50 AM)
Aub
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

I regularly put my phone into do not disturb so I can sleep at night and work during the day, but every single time without fail, when I turn it off the media volume is at max. The other volume controls go back to what they were before I turned dnd on except for the media. Has anyone else had this problem, or is there a setting I'm missing?

0 Likes
4 Replies
Who_Dis
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S22

not aware of such setting... could be a bug.

can you share the phone model number and the software version it's on? I'll try on my device as well for comparison.

checked my S22ultra, running AVCJ software version. No issue here.

Could you try to reproduce in the SafeMode? if it doesn't happen, then it's likely caused by 3rd party app or something related to setting

0 Likes
Jetster
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
It definitely seems like a bug. There are apps that can control your volume, so I recommend checking to see if this issue by using "Safe Mode": it stops all apps besides the system apps to help diagnose an issue.

Find it by: open the power menu>press and hold the power off option button until it turns into a green button saying "Safe Menu">then press it. I hope this works. If not, try the comment from @Who_Dis.
0 Likes
usermrdIvc224D
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

I am seeing this too.

At first, I thought it was my lack of familiarity with the phone, its multiple volume settings etc. I love everything else with this phone!

0 Likes
Aub
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
Small update on this. It does it in safe mode too. I've also found that it only does it when coming out of dnd overnight. When I turn it off manually or it turns off based on a time during the day it's fine. But when it turns off after I wake up media is always at max. It's not the end of the world, just a little annoying.
0 Likes