JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S22 Ultra warranty question.

(Topic created: 05-17-2022 12:27 PM)
AlienInside
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S22
I broke my S22 Ultra's screen so I had it repaired at my local ubreakifix location and I am confused about my warranty. They told me my warranty would be a year from when it was repaired, is my phone's screen warranteed for a year or is my whole phone warranteed? If my screen is only warranteed, is the rest of my phone still covered with the original warranty?
AT&T S22 Ultra Phantom Black 512GB >Baseband version:S908USQU2BVK1
6 Replies
Solution
Tom6068
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
Yes, the phone is under warranty for 1 year from the date when you first received it.
BatmanGiles
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
Manufacturer's warranty is 1 year beggining the date you first purchased it. Note: It only covers defects on your device, not damages made by you!
0 Likes
AlienInside
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S22
I know the warranty covers only defects not damage I caused, my question was since I had my device repaired at an authorized samsung repair place if my original warranty to cover any defects that may show up within the original warranty period would still be covered? And I would like to know if the ubreakifix repair is all that is covered under the warranty they said that I have from them or if it covers my entire phone.
0 Likes
Tom6068
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
Still yes, as I noted in my first reply. You also asked like what seems to be three questions in your first post. If the official repair shop stated the new screen has a new I year warranty, then I guess it does. Your whole phone is covered for its 1st year after the initially delivery.

Perhaps call Samsung support for the details you need to know.
0 Likes
AlienInside
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S22
Quick question: how good is the water resistance compared to before I had the screen replaced? I know it won't be as good but, how careful should I be to keep water off my phone?
0 Likes
usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S22

Since UbreakIfix is a Samsung authorized repair shop, the repair should be as if it was sent to Samsung direct.  Your Water Resistance rating should not be affected, unless the repair shop told you it was...

0 Likes