JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S22 base stuck on one UI 5 beta?

(Topic created: 12-23-2022 06:55 AM)
cerebasan
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
My locked T-Mobile S22 base has never received the full update, when I turn my phone on I get the beta message and google wallet won't work. Any ideas? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
cerebasan
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
So I'm still having the same issue, wiped my phone and that didn't work, installed smart switch on PC and it wouldn't let me update. EDIT: We were able to use Odin to flaah the right rom. No further issues!

View solution in context

0 Likes
8 Replies
Options
Galaxy S22
Reflash the ROM with the stock firmware. Check out XDA for specific details on how to do it.

If you need help, send me a private message and I can help you
0 Likes
cerebasan
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Someone mentioned smart switch on Reddit... Would that also work?
0 Likes
usermzeJaY3BsM
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22

When you got the beta software loaded onto your device, was it provided via OTA, or did you brute force in onto your device with ODIN or other sideloading method?  If you brute forced it, then the ONLY way to get back on official, would be to once again brute force it to the software your phone should have.  Basically Samsung did not know your device was in Beta, so cannot bring it out of Beta if you brute forced it in the first place.

0 Likes
cerebasan
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
No, I was.part of the beta program.
0 Likes
usermzeJaY3BsM
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22

SmartSwitch should be able to get you back on official.  Also, if you have not tried, do a check for updates under software updates, this should have found the official version even before your carrier would have made it available, back on 10/26.

cerebasan
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
I have randomly checked for updates every two weeks but nothing.
usermzeJaY3BsM
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22

Kinda what I thought, just though I would throw that out there...  SmartSwitch did let me roll back to official when I wanted out of the first beta, but then I re-joined, and got the official update on 10/26... Not sure how your device did not get this when it was supposed to.  I am not too familiar with ODIN, or how to get it updated, but that might be your only rout if SmartSwitch does not help...

0 Likes
Solution
cerebasan
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
So I'm still having the same issue, wiped my phone and that didn't work, installed smart switch on PC and it wouldn't let me update. EDIT: We were able to use Odin to flaah the right rom. No further issues!
0 Likes