Original topic:

S22 emoji reactions not working anymore

(Topic created: 06-25-2022 03:03 PM)
KBake
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

I've had a S22 for 2 weeks now. When I first got the phone I had the option of emoji reactions in messages. After a couple days I can no longer emoji react to any messages, the option isn't there any more. I have all the chat features set so I don't understand what happened. Any ideas on how to get the emoji reaction option back?

Also, my caller ID doesn't work at all, hasn't since day one. The scam shield and caller ID option are on but when I get calls it does not pop up with the caller info. Anyone know how to fix that? T-Mobile rep at the store couldn't help me.
13 Replies
Options
Galaxy S22
Are they messaging you from an Apple device?
0 Likes
KBake
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Nope, all Android devices. My sister has an S21 and she also does not have the option to emoji react to messages.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S22
So according to Googles help page on the feature, all people in the conversation (whether group or individual) must have RCS turned on in the settings. Then you can long press and react. But yeah, I can't get it to work either so I'm not sure what Google did.
0 Likes
KBake
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
I don't even see a RCS option. I'm having so many little issues with this phone. I upgraded from a S9 thinking I'd have more options and features but come to find out I can't even assign different notification tones to my apps. Caller ID does not work, I get no notifications from the Walmart app although they are turned on. Little things that are really bothering me.
0 Likes
KBake
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
I figured it out! In my situation I was not using Google messages, I was using Samsung messages. And when I switched to Google messages I couldn't emoji react to messages that were not originally sent/received through Google messages but once I set it to default and started sending/receiving messages in Google messages then I could emoji react.
0 Likes
joebry21
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Does this feature only work Android 2 Android, or can we use this feature to like iPhone messages too?
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S22
I don't know if you can send emoji reactions to iPhone. I know that now when someone on iPhone reacts to your message it's supposed to display properly instead of sending a text message to you saying that they reacted with the emoji.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S22
You should have an emoji image in the text field next to the microphone image. Tap on that and you'll get the emoji menu.
0 Likes
KBake
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
I have that. I'm referring to pushing down on an actual text message and getting the pop up emoji reactions like you can do on Facebook messenger.
0 Likes