JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S22 line of phones Battery Drain

(Topic created: 02-28-2022 08:53 AM)
Guinn5
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

The Galaxy s22 drops battery  very quickly  within minutes. Like it goes from 85 to 79 extremely quick. I know the capacity  is low but the chip is supposed  to be optimized can Samsung  please push out an update. I only had this phone for 4 days now.

261 Replies
user365170tdJ15
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22
Yea, you've got some rogue apps running no doubt, and probably some conflicting configuration settings

Worst case , which I doubt , but possible , faulty hardware. Bring it in to an authorized Samsung Service center, so they can check it out.

Yesterday, hubby ran a slight stress test on his 22 Ultra and got 11+ hours SOT. I'm sure he'll be along to post more
0 Likes
krayzie15
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
That's super great battery life
0 Likes
Chavannegans
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Users on Reddit have said their SOT went from 4 hours to 8-9 hours after having it for a week.

The phone needs to learn your usage patterns and will get better with time.
S22Ultra
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S22
I am barely getting 6 hours of screen time on my S22 ultra when I charge up to 85%. I mostly use YouTube and I do not do gaming on my phone. Why is my battery draining so fast?

sashiyeratha
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
Disappointed with battery performance
Options
Galaxy S22
Your graph looks like it's always going down a lot even with no screen on, you can save it a little battery by not allowing background processing during screen lock. Everyone seems to agree the battery is not good enough for how fast the chipset is though. user invis52 posts their battery life each day with some video apps and they do 6-8 hours screen time from 100% battery, about 13 hours total each day
0 Likes
S22Ultra
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S22
How to disable background processing during screen lock?
Bruzeta
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
The battery performance on the Ultra 22 is not what was advertised!
cchat9000
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
Going from s21 ultra to s22 Ultra was a downgrade. In the past usually 1-2 months after release software has been optimized it gets better. Not happy by any means but for now giving it a chance.
0 Likes
LightOne
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

@S22Ultra Nice user name you win. Samsung has not made much improvement on battery life.  It's pretty much about the same battery life as the S21 Series this has been tested many times by multiple reviewers.

I do think there is something going on with the battery drain since there are so many users reporting the same issue though.

0 Likes