JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S22 not connecting for car Bluetooth calls

(Topic created: 04-01-2022 02:53 PM)
user9Hhf8wARr2
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

I updated my S10 in early January 2022, it would no longer connect to my Toyota Camry for Bluetooth phone calls. I just upgraded to an S22 and the issue continues. 

I followed recommendations on this site and Reset All Settings and Reset Network Settings. The issue continues,

The phone connects for a brief time and then disconnects, Intermittently I am getting Google Stops Working Error.

I'm at my wits end, please help.

203 Replies
dubacz
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

Hi, this is my third attempt to post about issues I've experienced with my S22 Ultra, and I apologize if my posts or replies are somewhere unfinished.

I've been using my S22 Ultra (Exynos) from 25.2. 2022 as my second (private) phone. In car I have connected 2 devices, mentioned Ultra is connected only by Bluetooth, and prime phone is Xiaomi Mi 11T Pro is connected through BT & WiFi as Android Auto. 

Sometimes during phone call, suddenly  in the middle of the conversation,  I don't hear person I'm talking to (and vice versa) and there is a silence during call, while call keep running. I've tried numerous things during those situations, such as drop call and call again - nothing happened, phone call is not established, no sound of ringing on other side, etc. Few times phone call display freezes and I couldn't end it. I read somewhere that turning on/off Airplane Mode solves connection problems in various situation, but not with this one. Data connection is also not present. Even after restart of phone, issue continues.

First I thought it's because BT or Android Auto, but this happened during normal phone call while I was walking.

I've tried everything, reseting network connections, even factory reset, issue persist.

I reported issue to my telecom provider and they couldn't find errors. I'm using new SIM card and issue is not present on other Samsung phone (s20+) or Mi 11 T Pro.

I think problems started after latest update S908bxxu1avc6/s908boxm1avc6/s908bxxu1avc6  

This problem occurs randomly, not always and not everyday. 

Does anyone know what more can i do?

Options
Galaxy S22
It updated the software for s22 ultra alot people complain with phone talk issues but I think you have to Wait when they release new update
0 Likes
usermZAZGggE1s
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
I have not been able to get android auto to work.  I have tried several different cables as well.  The phone starts to boot android auto but then I get an error message saying that the USB is not recognized.  I have tried doing a factory reset on both the phone and car radio.  My car is a Honda pilot 2018.
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22
Did you try a high quality new cable? Anker cables are quality and inexpensive on Amazon. Make sure it's a data cable and get the shortest one that fits your usage.
** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes
usermZAZGggE1s
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Yes I have an aker power line plus 2 and it still does not work
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S22
Newest Android Auto update has a new USB diagnostic tool. What's your Auto version? Could be bugged.
0 Likes
usermZAZGggE1s
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
I have the most updated version of android auto
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S22
I'm sure you have the most recent update that was sent to you. But that's not necessarily the most up to date.
Open Android Auto (with no connections!) and scroll to the bottom.

7.3 or 7.4?
0 Likes
usermZAZGggE1s
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
I have also tried clearing cache and un installed and re-installed it as well
0 Likes
usermZAZGggE1s
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22