JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S22 not connecting for car Bluetooth calls

(Topic created: 02-24-2022 07:02 PM)
user9Hhf8wARr2
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

I updated my S10 in early January 2022, it would no longer connect to my Toyota Camry for Bluetooth phone calls. I just upgraded to an S22 and the issue continues. 

I followed recommendations on this site and Reset All Settings and Reset Network Settings. The issue continues,

The phone connects for a brief time and then disconnects, Intermittently I am getting Google Stops Working Error.

I'm at my wits end, please help.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
203 Replies
userloL4TQrvZV
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Do you have a bluetooth-connected watch?  If so, try switching the watch to airplane mode.  There seems to be a connection issue when the watch and vehicle are both connected.  

msharlene
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
I have the samsung galaxy active 2 watch and never had any issues with it while my Samsung S10+ was connected to the radio but now that I have the s22 Ultra I'm having these issues.
userloL4TQrvZV
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Same.  Active 2.  No issue with S9, but now streaming apps (Spotify, Maps, Youtube) won't play through.  Seems like a software glitch that will hopefully be addressed in a future update.  For now, try the watch in airplane mode (or take a drive without the watch) and see if that helps.

msharlene
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
I will try thank you for the help.
msharlene
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Thank you so much I put my watch on airplane mode and it worked which it's stupid lol. But I guess I'm going to have to keep reminding myself to take my watch off airplane mode everytime I get out of my car.
JackReedCarl
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
Setting my Galaxy Watch 3 to Airplane mode immediately fixed this. I repeated it multiple times and I worked every time.
the-teejster
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

Thank you!! This solved my problem, but it is so inconvenient.

0 Likes
Mattm830
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
I have two s22 ultra and have the problem on both. My son tells me his galaxy buds 2 are also doing it. It will work then we have to reconnect the buds. YouTube works but not the pandora app in my car.
Dumbgeniuz
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
I connected my old phone... Note 20 Ultra... To my car and it worked just fine. With my S22 ultra, my Spotify doesn't work but I am able to make calls with no issues
0 Likes
userQK590rB5YS
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
I'm having the same issue after this last OS update.
0 Likes