JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S22 not connecting for car Bluetooth calls

(Topic created: 02-24-2022 07:02 PM)
user9Hhf8wARr2
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

I updated my S10 in early January 2022, it would no longer connect to my Toyota Camry for Bluetooth phone calls. I just upgraded to an S22 and the issue continues. 

I followed recommendations on this site and Reset All Settings and Reset Network Settings. The issue continues,

The phone connects for a brief time and then disconnects, Intermittently I am getting Google Stops Working Error.

I'm at my wits end, please help.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
203 Replies
BurnThatFace
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22

same issue here, i have a DMH-1500NEX pioneer and my s21 ultra still works perfectly fine on it, just got the s22 ultra and plugged that in and im getting a black screen. it seems like android auto is still running behind it just not displaying anything

arieldavid86
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
I don't think it's even Android auto, because there's some ppl that say it is working on other head units. It might be something with Pioneer head units.
0 Likes
uservk58pkyJnP
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

same issue for me with my s22 ultra and dmh-1500nex. samsung? where are you?

0 Likes
userDsYPwPIwGD
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Same issue with my s22 ultra and pioneer head unit. I figured out that the touch inputs work on the black screen... It just doesn't display anything. It also does it on a regular s22 as well.
arieldavid86
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
It definitely seems something to be with the Pioneer head units. I gave it a try on my Jeep wrangler and it worked perfectly fine. 20220224_210904_40281_1645754946.jpg
userCd89uec1Vq
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

It's definitely an issue with Pioneer head units, but I haven't updated my Pioneer head unit. I assume Samsung did something different between the S21 and S22 with Android Auto that the Pioneer doesn't like.

Barry B
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

I also had this problem with my S22 Ultra. Black screen, changed cable and did everything suggested in other forums. My head unit is a Pioneer 2550nex and works with my S21 Ultra and S20FE. I couldn't live without AA in my car so I returned the S22 Ultra. Glad I didn't send in my S21Utra trade as yet.

useraLHSy6vYWs
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

Android Auto isn't working on my S22 with a 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee.  It has always worked before with other phones.  However with this one, it doesn't even pull up.  

useredCZKf0ut4
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

I have a Pioneer AVH-2550NEX and I am experiencing the same black screen issue. I've tried multiple cables and uninstalled/reinstalled the AA app multiple times with no success. Multiple other phones, including a Pixel 6 Pro and Note 20 Ultra, have worked with no issues using some of the same cables. My head unit is also on the latest firmware that Pioneer has provided which is 8.12 (released November 2019). 

useruLrvDjkD9A
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
Android Auto isn't working with my 2020 Chevy Silverado and my new S22 ultra. It worked great with my Note 10+. I sent a complaint to Android Auto and found several complaints of people having the same issue. Please look into this a fix it.