JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S22 ultra Samsung keyboard delay

(Topic created: 11-26-2022 01:10 PM)
Gregory1228
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

Hi I want to know why my Samsung keyboard have a delay and slow I hope someone can help me. Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S22

Thank you for bringing this concern to our attention, Gregory. I would be annoyed too if the keyboard on my phone was experiencing these symptoms. There could be a couple of reasons something like this could be happening. Possibly firmware causing this or it could be a 3rd party app causing this matter. Try some of the Tips below and they should help with your inquiry. 

1) Restarting your device can help solve minor issues and bugs. However, restarting it will be a little different depending on your model:

On phones with a regular Power key, press and hold the Power key until the Power menu is displayed.
On phones without a dedicated power button, swipe down with two fingers from the top of the screen to open Quick settings. Tap the Power icon at the top of the screen.
Tap Restart, and then tap Restart again to confirm. Your device will then turn on and off.

2) Clear the keyboard's cache and data.
1. Navigate to and open Settings, and then scroll and tap Apps.
2. Tap the sort icon and then tap the switch next to Show system apps, and then tap OK.
3. Search for or scroll to Samsung Keyboard, and then tap it.
4. Tap Force stop.
5. On the same screen, tap Storage.
6. Tap Clear data, and then tap OK. This will erase all your keyboard settings, including saved words.

3) Check for software updates.
On your device, navigate to and open Settings, tap Software update, and then tap Download and install or Check for updates. If an update is available, follow the on-screen prompts to update your device. After the update, your device will restart.

If your carrier is Verizon, swipe to and tap System updates, and then tap Check for system updates. 

4) Uninstall apps in Safe mode.
Sometimes third-party apps can cause errors or bugs to occur. Safe mode will run only Samsung apps and no third-party apps. If the keyboard still isn't working, you can try checking if third-party apps are the problem using Safe mode.

First, open the Power menu:

On phones with a regular Power key, press and hold the Power key until the Power menu is displayed.
On phones without a dedicated power button, swipe down with two fingers from the top of the screen to open Quick settings. Tap the Power icon at the top of the screen.
Touch and hold Power off until the Safe mode icon is displayed. Tap Safe mode to restart your phone in Safe mode. If you've entered Safe mode successfully, you'll see "Safe mode" displayed at the bottom of the screen.

If the problem no longer occurs when you are in Safe mode, a third-party app was causing the problem. Uninstall any recently installed apps. Turn on the phone normally by restarting it, and then check if the keyboard is working. Repeat these steps until the issue is resolved.

5) If the keyboard is still not working, you can try performing a factory data reset. Please be aware that this will completely reset your device and erase all of your data. Be sure to back up your data before performing one.

Navigate to Settings. Search for and select Factory data reset. Tap Factory data reset again and then tap Reset. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the reset. You may need to enter your Samsung account password or Lock screen password. The phone or tablet will reboot.

When the phone or tablet reboots, it will have its original factory settings. Now you will need to go through the initial setup to finish setting up the phone or tablet. The device may require you to enter your Samsung or Google account information to complete the setup.

Before installing any apps, make sure that your phone or tablet is functioning normally by testing it.

If these Troubleshooting steps do not resolve your concern. You can always send us a private message by using Facebook, or Twitter, or by clicking on my profile and clicking Send A Message.

Facebook Messenger: http://m.me/samsungsupport 
Twitter: https://twitter.com/messages/compose?recipient_id=18768513

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 Replies
KennewickMan
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S22
When did the issue start?
0 Likes
Gregory1228
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
I have the phone just a week ago since i have it is do it. I just reset to factory and is still
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S22

Thank you for bringing this concern to our attention, Gregory. I would be annoyed too if the keyboard on my phone was experiencing these symptoms. There could be a couple of reasons something like this could be happening. Possibly firmware causing this or it could be a 3rd party app causing this matter. Try some of the Tips below and they should help with your inquiry. 

1) Restarting your device can help solve minor issues and bugs. However, restarting it will be a little different depending on your model:

Tap Restart, and then tap Restart again to confirm. Your device will then turn on and off.

2) Clear the keyboard's cache and data.
1. Navigate to and open Settings, and then scroll and tap Apps.
2. Tap the sort icon and then tap the switch next to Show system apps, and then tap OK.
3. Search for or scroll to Samsung Keyboard, and then tap it.
4. Tap Force stop.
5. On the same screen, tap Storage.
6. Tap Clear data, and then tap OK. This will erase all your keyboard settings, including saved words.

3) Check for software updates.
On your device, navigate to and open Settings, tap Software update, and then tap Download and install or Check for updates. If an update is available, follow the on-screen prompts to update your device. After the update, your device will restart.

If your carrier is Verizon, swipe to and tap System updates, and then tap Check for system updates. 

4) Uninstall apps in Safe mode.
Sometimes third-party apps can cause errors or bugs to occur. Safe mode will run only Samsung apps and no third-party apps. If the keyboard still isn't working, you can try checking if third-party apps are the problem using Safe mode.

First, open the Power menu:

Touch and hold Power off until the Safe mode icon is displayed. Tap Safe mode to restart your phone in Safe mode. If you've entered Safe mode successfully, you'll see "Safe mode" displayed at the bottom of the screen.

If the problem no longer occurs when you are in Safe mode, a third-party app was causing the problem. Uninstall any recently installed apps. Turn on the phone normally by restarting it, and then check if the keyboard is working. Repeat these steps until the issue is resolved.

5) If the keyboard is still not working, you can try performing a factory data reset. Please be aware that this will completely reset your device and erase all of your data. Be sure to back up your data before performing one.

Navigate to Settings. Search for and select Factory data reset. Tap Factory data reset again and then tap Reset. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the reset. You may need to enter your Samsung account password or Lock screen password. The phone or tablet will reboot.

When the phone or tablet reboots, it will have its original factory settings. Now you will need to go through the initial setup to finish setting up the phone or tablet. The device may require you to enter your Samsung or Google account information to complete the setup.

Before installing any apps, make sure that your phone or tablet is functioning normally by testing it.

If these Troubleshooting steps do not resolve your concern. You can always send us a private message by using Facebook, or Twitter, or by clicking on my profile and clicking Send A Message.

Facebook Messenger: http://m.me/samsungsupport 
Twitter: https://twitter.com/messages/compose?recipient_id=18768513

0 Likes