JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S22 ultra sound going in and out, volume going up and down

(Topic created: 01-06-2023 06:37 AM)
S22ultrauser
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
My issue is the audio on my device. No matter the app I am using, whether it is Spotify, YouTube, IG, etc. the audio goes in and out. I get maybe a tenth of a second of audio then cuts back in for another 10th of second, and goes on a loop. I press the volume rocker button and the volume bar goes crazy going up and down on its own. The quick solution is to restart the phone. A few hours later it goes back to the same thing. I already contacted Samsung support and took all the steps including factory reset. The issue still persists. Last resort was taking it in to one of the authorized repair shops. I was told all the diagnostics came out fine and all I had to do was wait for a new update. I am now restarting my phone at least 3 times daily to skip the issue. I feel like it started happening when android 13 rolled out. Anyone else with the same issue?
7 Replies
S22ultrauser
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Also forgot to mention, the Bluetooth on my vehicle now shows that I am on a continuous call to my own phone number. Not allowing me to play any other audio. This was not something that was happening before the android 13 update
hansona
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Same here!
rislas
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Same after applying the December patch

Crutchie
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Also experiencing this with the latest update on the s22 ultra that I did not experience before. Restarting the phone works but not sure what causes it to happen. Also turning Bluetooth off then back on seems to fix it temporarily.

It's usually after I don't play any audio for a little bit when it triggers again.
S22ultrauser
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
A new software update came through on 12/22. I performed the update on the 25th and for two days the issue was gone. It is now back. Looks like the new update did nothing to fix the issue
userUt1vamHPuo
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
Since a couple days ago, occasionally my phone's audio cuts out and sounds really choppy. Any app I try runs into the same problem, and I've noticed that notification sounds have the same issue. 

The quickest work around I've found so far is to turn Bluetooth off and on. I have a galaxy watch 5 connected, could this be causing the issue? I really hope Samsung fixes this soon.
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S22

Hello, We understand how frustrating it is when the audio isn't working correctly.

This article offers some tips to correct this behavior. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01200668/

We also recommend resetting the Network Settings. 

• From a Home screen, swipe up or down from the center of the display to access the apps screen.
  • Navigate: Settings >General management>Reset
  • Tap Reset network settings.
  • Review the info then tap Reset settings.
    If presented, enter the current PIN, password or pattern.
  • To confirm, review the info then tap Reset.

If the audio continues to cut in and out, then it is recommended to have the phone evaluated by an authorized service center. You can use the following link to find a list of service centers in the U.S. that can do the repair: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location or by contacting customer support at 1-800-726-7864.

For assistance outside the U.S., please use this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html

0 Likes