Original topic:

How can I find auto restart in settings running One UI 5?

(Topic created: 11-09-2022 09:12 PM)
_Ash_
Astronaut
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Where do I find the auto restart in settings.

Everything changed after one ui 5 

98 Replies
MistaClean
Cosmic Ray
Options
You're definitely not alone. I always had my Z Fold4 restart every Sunday at 3 AM, so it'd be fresh for the week. Last time that happened was December 18th for me. Forget what the others are say, especially if you use your phone heavily with lots running in the background. What a stupid thing to remove choices and options for the sake of... I don't know what exactly. Random restarts are a lot worse than expected, scheduled ones!
Byoun89
Astronaut
Options
Where is auto-restart function? Tab s7 fe

Please don't remove the functions that we already had.

Terrible 
0 Likes
ButtaBean_420
Black Hole
Options
If running One UI 5 it's now called Auto Optimization and you can no longer schedule the device will decide whether and when to do it itself
Jay71460
Cosmic Ray
Options

Every since 12-3-22 when my phone updated my phone won't restart automatically anymore and I can't find auto restart anywhere to schedule restart times. Why not?

0 Likes
tom2055
Supernova
Options
If you updated to one ui 5, they removed the option. It now automatically restrts overnight when the phone thinks it's necessary.
Jay71460
Cosmic Ray
Options
Thanks tom2055 now I can stop looking for it smh
ButtaBean_420
Black Hole
Options
You are correct but incorrect at the same time it will restart and optimize when it feels it needs to but it is not just limited to overnight it will do it when you are not using the device
Jay71460
Cosmic Ray
Options
Thanks for the information 👍🏽
user0FPZJZpjmA
Constellation
Options

There are nights when I am on call.  I can't have my phone restarting at random times.  If I'm unreachable, I no longer have a job.  This is why I had it scheduled to restarted at specific times when I know it is safe to do so.  Why would they take this function away?!

Ricky11
Asteroid
Options
How to setup the restart automatic I don't find how..please someone knows