Original topic:

S22 won't charge unless started on a wireless charger, then moved to a cord.

(Topic created: 02-16-2024 01:47 PM)
Brante
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
I've had my s22 for about 2 years now, and have never had a problem with it. About a month ago it stopped charging no matter what cord or outlet I used. I used another Samsungs wireless charging to see if it would work that way, and after a minute of that, I plugged it in to my regular charger and it started charging fine. 

I thought all my troubles were over, but it has done this every week since then. It refuses to charge with a cord until I have set it on a wireless charger. Now, on top of that, it will say it's charging with the cord for about 30 seconds, then it stops charging. 

I would rather not have to buy a new phone because I love this one. Any idea why this is happening? I updated it about a week before it started doing this, and I'm not sure if it's related or not but I'd like to stop getting stranded places with a dead phone that won't charge. 
3 Replies
ginjaninja22
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
Just get it repaired. Call samsung.
0 Likes
7thCal
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
I found the cheap charge cords are sloppy and just suck. I spent $30 for a Quality cord that just feels like it's a tight fit with my S21.I have forgotten the brand, but no Chinese ones are yet to be a little more than string to tie up the trash bag.
userfp34nmJzzi
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
Try cleaning the chasing] port.
0 Likes