JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S23 Preorder Feedback ; Trade In deals / Promotion feedback

(Topic created: 02-01-2023 03:55 PM)
SC1988
Halo
Options
Galaxy S23
These are the worst preorder trade-in deals ever. How dare Samsung try forcing us to sign contracts for 36 months with carriers to get the best deals. Gen Mill and Gen Z hate contracts. People need to boycott till they drop the prices for unlocked trade. For the previous s22 and fold and flip 4 models. CLEARLY SOME PEOPLE ARE BRAINWASHED STILL GETTING THEM. Sadly looking for clout as well. How pathetic.
669 Replies
SC1988
Halo
Options
Galaxy S23
P.s. they use to every year offer these same deals during preorder on unlocked models. They now decided to work with providers to get people hooked into contracts and stuck. Trust me the kick backs they are 9 times out of 10 getting from the companies they are making double on that phone. Furthermore, think about it if a person that has an s22 ultra is after 1 year only worth to the company that made it 30 percent of its original price then what do you think that s23 is gonna be worth after 1 year. Basically they are saying there product is worthless after 6 months. But bright side your now stuck with it for 3 years. Congrats.
0 Likes
Abhaya71
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23
So what is going on with the trade in deals this year? Just awful. My phone is worth 30% of MSRP in a year? That is crazy even for electronics and phones. 

I was really excited to upgrade to an Ultra from my plus but the trade in values are worse than ever. I had a s20fe that I traded for my s22 plus and got a higher value on that phone than my newer s22 plus?

If Samsung wanted to boost sales this year I don't think they are off to a great start?
thatstp
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

I don't understand why they are forcing carrier deals on us. I'll pass, I don't like how TMo does their trade-in credit. I thought they got rid of contracts but I guess not.

Abhaya71
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23
They are the uncarrier carrier with contracts on their devices not their service. A sort of slight of hand. Good luck using a T Mobile device on any other carrier until your contract is up. In fact, good luck trying to unlock a T-Mobile device with all of their requirements. No contract but a contract. Lol.

I will never buy a locked phone again unless the pay off on the device is short term and there is no out of pocket cost to me.
Nydalxy
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
Yeah, I was ready to preorder as soon as I could but I couldn't believe the terrible trade in offers. I guess I'll hold off.
Options
Galaxy S23
Definitely not worth it my s22ultra is 4 months old I'm not going to get the s23 ultra ill wait for the s24
Mello_o
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23
Yes, I am not the only feel that .This pre order is most terrible ever. Don't understand what happen of Samsung US
Options
Galaxy S23
For real
Ekamek
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S23
Thanksgiving sales usually offer better trade-in than these deals. Hopefully they will offer over 600 for S22 then.
userrPTlmTKTzS
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
Samsung surprised me the deal are terrible