JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Not receiving text messages from users with iPhones on my Samsung S22 Ultra?

(Topic created: 04-17-2022 03:16 PM)
Ponce1
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

I've lost my old iPhone with my old sim card and recently got the Samsung 22 ultra. Every time someone with iPhone text me I don't receive the message on my android any help? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22
The only fix for this problem is to remove, unlink or deregister your Phone Number from Apple's iMessage Service. Once your Phone Number gets delinked from iMessage, iPhone users will be able to send you SMS Text Messages using your Carriers Network. So log into your Apple account to do this.
** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor

View solution in context

2 Replies
Solution
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22
The only fix for this problem is to remove, unlink or deregister your Phone Number from Apple's iMessage Service. Once your Phone Number gets delinked from iMessage, iPhone users will be able to send you SMS Text Messages using your Carriers Network. So log into your Apple account to do this.
** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
PaperStation
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
You might need to ask the person who is texting you to delete your old msg thread completely and start a new text msg to your number.

Also since you no longer have your iPhone you can unregister your number from iMessage on the website

https://selfsolve.apple.com/deregister-imessage/