Original topic:

Samsung completely ruining End user experience on many levels.

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
Zlib
Halo
Options
Galaxy S22
I am approaching fed up with Samsung. I have an S22Ultra. Removing pointless boolean toggles from setting pages(skip trash for gallery is one example), removing User Profiles for device wide user switching, AOD toggle doesn't even **bleep**ing toggle the AOD actually on or off. Continues to drain battery displaying AOD even while having toggled AOD fully off. I hear I have even less to look forward to as Samsung is introducing sudden changes to swipe gestures.... with no way to switch between old and new swipe gestures. Literally what is wrong with these people? 
0 Likes
4 Replies
Funkatron
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Yeah samsung is getting pretty bad anymore. I had samsung phones since the s8, and recently returned my z fold 4 due to issues but required legal to resolve it. Samsung is trending in the wrong direction.
lovinlifetn
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
I'm beginning to agree, these name brands seem to get so recognized that your decision to purchase a "samsung" seems to be deciding factor over the actual performance, I believe these top brands realize this and carryon with the lower means route. What they need to realize is, we will catch on although it takes a long minute to make its way through the masses. But, before too long their name will get knocked down there with the bottom dwellers. They best choose quality over quantity, be that one who still cares about their reputation and get better with your product, instead of get more sales. rant over.
TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
No idea about the skip trash reason. My assumption is to prevent people from turning it on and then complaining about pictures being lost.
AoD toggle still works, no idea what you're talking about.
Gestures were changed because of Google mandated changes to the out of box android experience. Samsung Goodlock fully restores them.
Zlib
Halo
Options
Galaxy S22
Saving people from themselves is a weird reason to remove existing features. Starting the toggle on by default and keeping it in settings screens would be quite easy, as it was already this way before. Also odd that you need to use Goodlock to undo arbitrary changes from a corporation who is obviously not in touch with user needs *could just offer a way to toggle between old and new gesture modes natively in settings...* and AoD is just iffy for me. That issue isn't as pressing as the other ones, either in my opinion.
0 Likes