JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Phone remotely locked out for not sending in trade

(Topic created: 08-04-2022 07:53 PM)
Properfunctionplumbi
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

I traded in My N20 ultra, and spent 285.00 on the device. It worked fine until about 2 months in. My device has been remotely locked and I have tried several times to get Samsung to unlock it. I followed all the rules outlined in the terms and conditions yet they claim to have not received my phone trade in and now expect me to track it down. That's not what is written in the terms. I have been a loyal customer for 7 years and now they illegally locked my device in an attempt to bully me out of another 1000.00 I would never recommend any Samsung product to anyone again.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S22

FYI, they did not illegally lock your device.  is says right there in the instructions that they might lock your device for failure to pay, or failure to return your old device, which to them you did BOTH.

View solution in context

5 Replies
Cyberweasal
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
Did you get a tracking number?
0 Likes
userCBmhF3s7Sy
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
I have the same problem. Except w/Tmobile. I have tracking # they never received my trade in phone.. it'd really crazy
0 Likes
usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S22

If you sent them the device, you should have a tracking number, providing details of the tracking, or even the tracking number used is not something that they would magically have.  If you used the return shipping label they provided, then they should have seen the tracking info, and would not have placed the burden of proof on you.  They would have no way of tracking the device if you used your own shipping methid, and may have not had all the details so that it went to the correct place. 

How hard would it be for you to track the device, like they are asking you to do?  If i was asked to track a device, or pay $1000, i would most certainly provide tracking details.

I have traded in 2 devices to Samsung now, and never had an issue with either one, the process was super simple, as the directions were followed.

If your tracking shows that they received it, then they are legally required to do what they said they would do, but if you cant even get this information, then it is you who is legally liable.

0 Likes
GoingTheDist
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
Sorry a company doesn't want to trust someone with no proof and just eat $1000. Off the top of my head I can't think of a company that would have treated this situation any different
0 Likes
Solution
usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S22

FYI, they did not illegally lock your device.  is says right there in the instructions that they might lock your device for failure to pay, or failure to return your old device, which to them you did BOTH.