JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Screen/Phone timeout

(Topic created: 07-22-2022 02:30 AM)
AMG_Petronas
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
I have touch protection on for when I'm playing games on my phone. I'm wondering if there's any way I can have the phone ACTUALLY timeout not just dimming the screen. 

I feel asleep with my phone on playing a game and woke up 4 hours later and it's almost dead. 

Just upgraded from an S8+ and I believe that my phone would turn off during a game without a certain amount of inactivity. 

Thanks 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
CtrlZThis
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
I don't think there is a setting for exactly that, but there is an app timer in settings that may work for you.
It's in Settings/Digital Wellbeing and Parental Controls/App Timers.
You'll find all of your apps there with a little hourglass beside them. Tap the hourglass and you can set a timer for each app.

Hope that helps a little

View solution in context

4 Replies
Options
Galaxy S22
I'm almost positive that if a game is open, there is no way to force a screen timeout. You have to close the game or switch apps for a timeout to take effect.
AMG_Petronas
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Yeah, I was afraid this was the answer 😕 Thanks mate
0 Likes
Solution
CtrlZThis
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
I don't think there is a setting for exactly that, but there is an app timer in settings that may work for you.
It's in Settings/Digital Wellbeing and Parental Controls/App Timers.
You'll find all of your apps there with a little hourglass beside them. Tap the hourglass and you can set a timer for each app.

Hope that helps a little
AMG_Petronas
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Great idea.
0 Likes