Original topic:

Screen Saver default issues

(Topic created: 04-29-2022 05:44 AM)
RobinUGH101
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Since this last update my charging screen saver defaults to colors vs the photo table that I set it to. I just tested when it's happening and it seems to happen during an alarm but only if it's charging at the time the alarm sounds. It automatically changed from the photo table to colors after the alarm, please help me stop it from doing this. 
9 Replies
Who_Dis
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S22

you can reproduce and report it to samsung using samsung members app > get help > error report.

Try using Nice Catch to see what is changing the settings 

Members_MZpkeg3
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Mine is doing the same thing and it's beyond annoying. I signed on here to try and find a fix. Seems to have started after last update. No matter how many times I correct it, it does it every time I snooze my alarm - and then the phone lights up the room because of the "colors" screen saver - instead of the clock screen saver I chose. Samsung needs to correct this. 

Who_Dis
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S22

go to settings > about phone > software information > build number (last 4 digit)   and share the software version that is running please.

If I recall correctly this is occurring on various models, so it's not exactly model specific rather I'm assuming something to do with the latest app or feature update.

Reproduce and report as noted above 

userUi7gPlruO8
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

Same here. A71. I use a clock app as my screensaver. Starting this week sometime, the phone randomly and automatically sets the screensaver back to 'colors' about 2-3 times a day. 

Mike1701
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Same here too. Reported this
RobinUGH101
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Welp I was hoping the new update over the weekend would've fixed this issue but nope it did not 😢
Who_Dis
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S22

update is not always the same for everyone. the updates vary per model and also carrier as well as whether you are using unlocked or carrier locked device.

so... it is very important to make note of the software version, NOT the month of update.

if you need to check the software version the phone is running, go to Setting > About Phone > software information > build number (last 4 digit) 

when mentioning updates or any issues be sure to make note of the software version so a proper trend can be made. Otherwise the trend created may be misleading.

0 Likes
zaquintar
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Have a S22, also experiencing this. Found here that you need to roll back the clock update https://piunikaweb.com/tag/samsung-galaxy-screen-saver-resetting/ . Will try it
RobinUGH101
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Hey members, I did the clock update last night and my screen saver issue is fixed 👌
0 Likes