Original topic:

Screen brightness issue

(Topic created: 05-12-2022 03:45 PM)
oommen
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
My screen recently started having brightness issues. At about half brightness the screen stays the same, there's barely any change to how bright it gets. Adaptive brightness is off, power saving is off, I restarted the phone in safety mode multiple times, i removed the screen protector I had on and ran all the diag tests. The super brightness mode doesn't work - max brightness is essentially the same as 50 or 75%
0 Likes
7 Replies
galaxy_lol
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Is your screen damaged?
0 Likes
oommen
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Nope, nothing that I can see
galaxy_lol
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Maybe Check to make sure that the proximity sensor is not blocked by a case or cover on your screen
0 Likes
oommen
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
I took off the privacy screen protector, restarted a few times and it seems to be working normally now
userunuRgOfcMN
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
Mine started doing it 2 days ago and I cnt get it to stay bright. It's really passing me off. Hlp hlp please
oommen
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
I had a privacy screen protector on that I took and now it's fine, which really sucks cause I'd like to use one.
ENRIQUIUM
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
There is some sort of safety trigger. If the device gets warm, the brightness goes to 50% and it doesn't matter what you try, it will stay that way until it cools down. This is a design flaw and Samsung needs to start addressing this. The phone is useless under FL sunlight. Please don't advice to use autobrightness and other settings bacause that is not the root cause.
0 Likes