Original topic:

Screen contrast / brightness issues S22 ultra, S24 ultra

(Topic created: 05-29-2024 04:15 AM)
user0levSoOcwt
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
Is anyone else having scren brightness / contrast / color issues ones you updated to the new 6.1 UI? Someone **bleep** up those calabrations real bad. Comparing to how the phone was running before the update, now it looks to be way darker using the same brightness level I used before. The screen is hard to read , especially when in dark mode. Unless you crank up the brightness at least half way in a house setting. Using S22 ultra, friend of mine is using S24 ultra and having the same issues. SAMSUNG please fix this screw up before you loose customers to apple , again.
0 Likes
4 Replies
Ryan891
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
I do not have this issue on my S22U running 6.1 for a couple of weeks now. Are you sure you don't have eye comfort shield or extra dim turned on?
0 Likes
user0levSoOcwt
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
None of it is turned on. Most noticeable it is with the notifications screen where the black level is too high up or the contrast is too high. Overall result is the font has a glowing effect and it is hard to read. Not sure if samsunng messed up with the brightness or the color calibration but it is horrible. I am also thinking it has something to do with the higher refresh rate, since when the screen is on adaptive setting it is way worse than standard.
usern8aBnoe7uF
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
I have an S21 ultra and AOD is super dim and unreadable. 6.1 update ruined it. Samsung needs to bring back manual brightness!
user0levSoOcwt
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
The current implementation of the always on display screen is the worst I've seen so far. Especially when it comes to adjusting the settings. You have jump to 1000 places to find half of the settings there previously were.