Original topic:

Screen not closing when screen face down

(Topic created: 04-04-2024 09:08 AM)
HairDznr
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

What is going on with samsung?  First, they change the find my phone ring tone to a tone you can't hear and now let's not have the feature of when you lay your phone screen side down it doesn't close!  No wonder my battery is getting used up quicker! Why do you keep changing things are useful.  This is the second samsung product that isnt functioning the way it was before the update.  I have a samsung watch now is not working properly since its latest update.  I been using android for years because I could not receive all my emails from work or other work on iPhone, but now they caught up I might have to go back.  Oh, great I can take pictures of the moon but that isn't what I do for a living.  How about concentrating on what people need to function on the daily!  Like being able to hear your notifications. I paid alot  of money for this phone its mine, stop forcing me to do what you want my phone that I OWN to do,. I have the phone set to my lifestyle and needs i do not need a camera that can see MARS!  Phones have replaced computers, and basically companies are forcing you to use their mobile app.  but it is sort of hard to do when your phone setting get change or disappear when there new update and I spend my weekend trying to figure out a new way  I need to set my phone up. STOP CHANGING THINGS PEOPLE USE!!!  

8 Replies
TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
Settings>advanced settings>motions and gestures>mute with gestures
HairDznr
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

I already have that on, already tried turning it off and on!

0 Likes
realaud
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22

I understand your frustration when they change settings that you are used to.  I didn't know they made this change, but then I also didn't use this feature.  You can set your screen time out to less time, and the screen will go dark faster.  In any case, the screen time out maximum is 10 minutes, so that's the most it will be on when  you turn your phone over.  You can also press the side button to instantly lock the  phone before you put it down.

HairDznr
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

i already have it set for 1 minute and I also the had it set that it doesn't close while I am looking at it and it does anyway. This all changed with the update. Worked fine and now it doesn't matter what i have set whether it is on or off! it seems to just do what it wants. just like once in awhile my edge disappears and I have to go to settings even though its on it disappears.  Edge will come back if I toggle from on to off and back again. Tired of not having control of my phone on thing I use daily

jennj5
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

And yes, there seem to be fixes for some of their "upgrades" but there's no way to opt out of these so you have to spend time on forums to get the phone back to working how it was before Samsung helped us all.  My screen also stopped doing this awhile ago, and no longer flips to wake, notifications for texts are now SOMETIMES silent.  Calls and texts only work sometimes if I'm hooked up to wifi.  The list is endless and to think last year?  I loved this phone.

realaud
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22

I absolutely agree that updates (other than security) should be optional and I do really resent that they are not.  I know the people on the forum are only a fraction of owners and only those with problems complain, but it makes me worry every time an update is announced whether this will be the one that gives me problems.  So far, in my ownership of ANY branded cell phone, updates never caused me any problems.

I also am not a fan that Samsung's approach to customer service/tech support is to let users help other users.  It really should not be up to us to find workarounds, but I am glad at least there usually are some.

SneedoftheWest
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22

If you have ever used Samsung's actual customer support or read the many reports of those who have you would be even happier that this site exists.

realaud
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
I am happy that the site exists, and I have used (tried) Samsungs actual tech support. Which is why I state that it's Samsung who should be addressing these issues, not users. We pay hundreds or thouands for these devices, we shouldn't be supplying our own uncompensated tech support.

At the very least, Samsung's tech support should more closely be monitoring these boards.