JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Screen rotation upside down (180 degrees)

(Topic created: 08-30-2022 02:17 PM)
usernw6P9H8I62
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
I very frequently turn my phone upside down so that I can plug in a charger and set the phone in a stand to read messages as they come in. I also put it in a cup holder in my car so I can map a location and need to charge it at the same time so it's upside down again. I could easily do this 50% of the time. My S9 did this fine and rotated the screen no matter what side was at the bottom. Now my S22 will only rotate with three of the four sides at the bottom. If it's upside down, it rotates the screen back to portrait, but with the top of the screen at the bottom.  I chatted with tech support and he suggested I post hear to get additional feedback to the developers so they put in an OS change to get this back to what it did before.
If you would like the screen to rotate when the phone is upside down so that the screen follows that rotation, please like this post and maybe even leave a comment so that proper emphasis is placed on this issue. - Thanks
2 Replies
user4zjo6g4ion
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
Yes! I have the new zfold 4 I'm left handed and would like it to rotate upside down so my fingers are not on the outside screen. One more rotation would help us left handers do it.
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S22

Thank you for your interest in sharing your idea with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.