JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Scrolling Screenshot Feature Doesn't Work

(Topic created: 04-09-2022 11:36 AM)
John891
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
It appears to work, but when I open the newly created screenshot, it's only of the first page. I've restarted the phone, but still doesn't work. I don't know which app controls this feature, so I can't clear cache and so on to see if that fixes anything. 
7 Replies
KnightRiderRalph
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22

When you create the screenshot on the bottom part of the screen there's like a menu bar that will pop up for just a few seconds. The first icon with the arrows going down is what you hit to screenshot multiple pages. You have to be quick about it though before that menu disappears after screenshot

John891
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Yep, I know about it. Problem is, I tap it and I see the ceiling action, but when I'm done and go to view the saved screenshot, it's of the first page only. For that particular site I ended up printing to PDF to work around the issue.
Benwa
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

I have exactly the same problem (and yes I know how to do a scrolling (long) screenshot.  The edit/crop tool (from the same toolbar as the as scrolling capture double down chevron) won't open either

Just closes the capture toolbar.  Resulting saved pick is only one screen of detail

Even though hitting (and seeing) the scroll capture 'walk down' the display.

Suspect it's an issue with "samsung capture"  but can't to it to get a version number.  Am on the March 2022 update (s22u 512 unlocked)

B.

0 Likes
PaperStation
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22

You have to keep your finger on it until the screen starts scrolling down.  Not just simply tap it.

Solution
userG40NTagNwQ
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

I encountered the same issue on my S22 SM_S901U.

I was able to get the scrolling screenshot to work by going to Settings > Apps > Samsung capture > Three dots in the upper right > Uninstall Updates. Also just in case, I cleared the app data by going to Settings > Apps > Samsung capture > Storage > Clear data.

It's likely an issue with the latest version of Samsung capture.
I will not be updating my Samsung capture app in the Galaxy store until the scrolling screenshot feature and the screenshot toolbar is fixed.

Benwa
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

That fixed it!  Deinstalled Samsung Capture updates.  Didn't  work until I cleared the cache and data too.  Then all good.  I figured it was an issue with capture, but didn't know where to go to tweak it.  

.all set.

Also, for the earlier comment posted, you can (but don't need to) hold down on the down chevron...  you will notice it changes color each time it saves off a chunk of the screen, then prompts you if you want the next chunk by presenting the white (versus greyed out) down chevron again.

B.

Benwa
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Ok, After rolling back to capture 4.9.41 and clearing cashe, I reinstalled the latest Samsung Capture 4.9.50.2 and am happy to report long capture is still working.  Noticed 50.2 came out a few days ago.  That may have fixed  the root cause.  

B.