Original topic:

Second sim tray to act as Memory Card

(Topic created: 07-24-2022 02:25 AM)
shivon
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Dear Samsung,

Can you please push an update on the S22 Ultra & other S21 & S22 devices which allows the second sim tray to act as memory card slot? In this way people can choose the second sim card try to be either a sim card or a memory card & people can use the smart phone with memory card as a hybrid option !!

I think this is a good idea which will help people who have too much storage on the phone. 

sim card slot.jpg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S22

Thank you for your interest in sharing your idea with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

View solution in context

9 Replies
Options
Galaxy S22
While a nice idea it seems memory cards are not coming back. Either purchase a device with more storage and/or enroll in cloud storage.
0 Likes
pool_shark
Halo
Options
Galaxy S22
How do you know SD cards are not coming back?
The note 5 dropped the SD card, then Samsung brought it back in the note 8 and 10+.
0 Likes
Yamialex224
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22
Caua2 SD cards are slow and mess up easy
There are cloud back ups
It would raise the prices of their phones and in this economy they can't afford that
0 Likes
tom2055
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
I agree, much prefer everything being saved on internal storage. Alot easier than messing with and SD. Plus I like using cloud backups, if something happens to my phone all my pictures are safe
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S22

Thank you for your interest in sharing your idea with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22

@shivon This is impossible without having the hardware card reader built into the phone. 

0 Likes
Yamialex224
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22
They can't. That's a software they need to program into the phone to read the SD card an update won't do anything
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S22
SIM card contact pins and micro SD card contact pins do not align, therefore not possible if it is not designed by hardware
0 Likes
Yamialex224
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22
It's also the phone needs to a software as well
0 Likes