Original topic:

Secure folder sucks

(Topic created: 11-24-2022 07:26 AM)
usermaySs76rU8
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
I did software update and forgot my secure folder password. It keeps asking and with every wrong answer it increases time to wait. At this point I don't want anything inside the folder I just want the annoying locked icon away from the top bar. No I don't get the forgot password option I've read all posts and replies none of it works
13 Replies
WildeGreen
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
if you added a samsung account to it you can unlock it from there
0 Likes
usermaySs76rU8
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
I have my samsung account connected along with recovery email and phone number. I've followed all the steps but it keeps leading me to page that asks for password which I do not know
0 Likes
KennewickMan
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
Settings>>Apps>>secure folder>>bottom right corner is the disable option. Try that.
0 Likes
usermaySs76rU8
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Disable is ....disabled lol along with turning off notifications to just get ride of the dumb icon Screenshot_20221124_105142_Settings.jpg
KennewickMan
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
I'm sorry that that isn't an option. It is on my device. 22U. Android 13. But, I never set mine up so maybe that's why I can and you can not. I'll dig more.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S22
Why is forgetting your password Samsung's fault? I use a password manager so I don't forget anything.
userNQQNrSQzLP
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
Good for you. It's their app. They should have a reset option like all their other apps do.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S22
Having a reset password option would defeat the purpose of having an encrypted folder. Do you know how encryption works? The data of your files is "scrambled" into a random set of characters based on your password. They can only be "un-scrambled" by typing in that same password. You can't just change the password whenever you want. The data would have to be "re-scrambled" with a new password first.
0 Likes
usermaySs76rU8
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Why is not putting a reset password link my fault