JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Sending/receiving MMS issues while on Wi-Fi after Android 14 update

(Topic created: 12-27-2023 02:22 PM)
Yatman
Halo
Options
Galaxy S22

My S22+ had stopped sending and receiving MMS messages while my wifi is on every since I updated to Android 14. 

I'm on Xfinity Mobile which uses Verizon services.

Why would you release this is it hasn't been tested???
Yatman
Halo
Options
Galaxy S22
With resetting the network settings? Nothing I've tried this far has worked. I figure the vS24: is coming out soon so I'll just have to put up with it for now. I plan to get the S24.
0 Likes
Yatman
Halo
Options
Galaxy S22

Nope - didn't work at all.

0 Likes
bill-e
Cosmic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22

Most MMS issues are carrier related. 

If they have a retail store nearby, I'd bring my phone in and have them re-provision the line and give you a new SIM card. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 6 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch7Ultra(VZW),Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV, Buds Pro
0 Likes
Yatman
Halo
Options
Galaxy S22
I did that and all they were able to do was validate the issue and then escalate to upper tier support. I had the same issue when I was on the beta and I downgraded back to Android 13 and it all worked again. But now this upgrade was forced and there's no going back.
0 Likes
bill-e
Options
Galaxy S22

Which carrier?  I'd still bet it's a carrier issue.  Locked or Unlocked carriers are supposed to make sure it works before they push out the update. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 6 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch7Ultra(VZW),Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV, Buds Pro
0 Likes
Yatman
Halo
Options
Galaxy S22
Xfinity
0 Likes
bill-e
Options
Galaxy S22

I think if you do a search you'll find a number of people with Xfinity having issues..... Not that that makes it any better.  I would park my butt at a retail location if there is one and do at least what I suggested.  Or have them mail you a new SIM and once installed, if it's still not working have them re-provision the line. 

Bill
---
0 Likes
Yatman
Halo
Options
Galaxy S22
They've done all the above as have I. Swapped out a new SIM, reprovisioned my line, reset the phone 3 times, cleared network settings several times. I gave up. They threw it back to Samsung saying everything worked before the update and so if the update was the cause then it's Samsung's problem.
0 Likes
Yatman
Halo
Options
Galaxy S22

After the new update. MMS has stopped working when the phone's WiFi is connected to a network.

Seems others have reported this and there's no resolution from either the carrier or from Samsung.

Teesh
Galaxy S22+

tapdiggity
Halo
Options
Galaxy S22
Yep, I'm experiencing similar issues with my rcs chat. As of yet, I have not received any resolution
0 Likes