JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Sim/eSim Verizon / TMobile dual use.

(Topic created: 06-19-2023 08:53 PM)
SoCalSammy
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
I have an unlocked Galaxy S22 Ultra and it has a sim card slot and seems to also support eSim. Right now I have a Verizon sim card in it with the number I use for personal use but would like to add my work phone number to the same device since the phone i was previously using for woek broke. My work number is on TMobile.

Can I use a Verizon Sim and a TMobile eSim on the same phone or is there some conflict between these two networks that would prevent this from working? 

And if its possible how would that work exactly? Would I have to manually switch between both or would calls from both numbers come in at the same time? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
betancd
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
Yes, that is pretty much what esim was designed for, multiple lines from from any carrier as needed. I ran Tmobile as SIM and Verizon on Esim on my pixel for a while.

You have complete control as to which line is primary for calls, texts and data

View solution in context

6 Replies
Solution
betancd
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
Yes, that is pretty much what esim was designed for, multiple lines from from any carrier as needed. I ran Tmobile as SIM and Verizon on Esim on my pixel for a while.

You have complete control as to which line is primary for calls, texts and data
SoCalSammy
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Thank you! 👍🏻
0 Likes
jiberg210
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
I will be testing this theory as well. I don't see why you wouldn't be able to use physical Sim fun t-mobile and receive an esim from your personal carrier being Verizon. If it doesn't work immediately you may have to root the device. I swapped a locked Verizon phone over to att after both companies told me it was not possible. They of course were either lying to me about it or just wrong and I used that device for a while then upgraded but continually used it for a few years as a replacement device.
ChaosSaber
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S22
I have Metro PCS on sim and Google Fi on esim
Options
Galaxy S22
One of the requirements my work has for using their service on my personal phone in that dual SIM, was administrative permissions which gave business IT department complete access to everything on it, in it, and usage. So the option for me, carry two phones separate information 🤔.
SoCalSammy
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Just set it up with Verizon on the Sim and TMobile on the eSim. No issues. Both work fine and can be switched between or both left on at the same time.
0 Likes