Original topic:

Since One UI 6.1 update

(Topic created: 05-13-2024 03:03 AM)
Mikeso3691
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S22
Can no longer install apps from unknown sources, what gives? Anyone have this issue? 
10 Replies
Gera1214
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S22
Habe you tried turning off auto blocler on settings?
0 Likes
Mikeso3691
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S22
Auto blocker already turned off.
0 Likes
Themeparkpro
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
Within the Install Unknown Apps menu, try to re-toggle the concerned app or app installer app. If that doesn't work, what error are you getting? Are you trying to replace a Google Play Store app with its non-Play Store APK version?  

0 Likes
Mikeso3691
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S22
Trying to install/upgrade an app that's not in Play Store. It shows the install/upgrade button but, it does nothing after pushing update or install other than disappear
0 Likes
Themeparkpro
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22

I assume you tried what I suggested. Is this an issue with just one app or all? Have you tried using Chrome, Files, or a third-party APK installer app like APK Mirror? For example, force-stop the app that won't upgrade itself and then download and install the APK using Chrome, Files, etc.   Have you tried turning the phone off and on?  So far I'm not seeing this issue reported by others here or on Reddit.  

Mikeso3691
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S22
I've tried all the above. It's only apps from unknown sources that I've tried updating. I've tried all you've suggested. I've even installed several APK installers from the play store to use but, same problem. It's because of this One UI 6.1 update. I would roll back the system update but, it's more of a hassle, imo
0 Likes
Themeparkpro
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
If you do a Google search for 'Cant install any apks since One UI 6.0', you'll see a Reddit post from one person having the same problem as you are.  It came down to this:

I think the main issue the OP is having here is that he thinks the button says:

"Cancel install"

But it's actually two buttons:

"Cancel" and "Install"

They are just beside each other and look like one button.

You mentioned it's only apps that you tried updating.   Can you install an APK that's not an update to an existing app?  If that works, you could try deleting the existing app and installing the APK.   Could be problematic, though, if you remove the app and you can't install it again.
Mikeso3691
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S22
I appreciate your help, it's not ideal but, it works lol. I forgot I had a XAPK Mod, Installer and it works beautifully. I might end up really liking this app and never get rid of it lol.

Thanks Again
Themeparkpro
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
Good to hear it.  You might find that subsequent updates will work without the 3rd party installer.  That's based on a similar issue I had with the Adguard APK.