JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Smart Unlock not working

(Topic created: 01-15-2024 01:20 PM)
davidjmurdoch
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Smart unlock does not work as it did when I first acquired my S22. I've tried resetting the location/address without success. What else can I do and what am I doing wrong? Thanks.

6 Replies
Solution
Options
Galaxy S22
Go to settings > Lock Screen (tap open) >Extend Unlock( tap open) > Enter your Lock screen code if a screen pops up with info on Extend Lock tap, got it > trusted places> tap on, if a pop up comes up, tap on turn on this location. Let me know if it resolved your issue. Thanks 😊
davidjmurdoch
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Thanks for your help with this. It was useful and I discovered that the trusted place was turned off! It's working right now. Best wishes,

Options
Galaxy S22
You're welcome. Thanks for letting me know it worked, and for your kind words!!
0 Likes
davidjmurdoch
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Your helpful suggestion is a solution that has it working, but only for a short time.  I've turned off and then on again Trusted place Home but smart lock is not activated. I did noticee yesterday that when I came back into Home it was working for short while. But, alas, not today.

ps I was waiting to watch it's behaviour over a few days before I posted but now I see your response is rated as a solution and I thought I should respond.

IRStaten
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S22
I have trusted devices added like my watch and buds, sometimes it fails to notice the watch on my wrist to unlock...
0 Likes
justjustinagain971
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
I never use smart unlock or Google's password manager. If you get hacked you'll become more security minded. Smart unlock is like leaving your front door to your house wide open!! A quick swipe or simple pin and you're good to go. Just saying!
0 Likes