JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Software update interrupted issue for S22

(Topic created: 06-01-2023 11:07 AM)
Bman82
Halo
Options
Galaxy S22

What does this mean? And how can I fix it.

92 Replies
C MOM
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

Same with my s22 ultra,  I have tried wiping cache and resetting phone now help. Can someone please help me?  At&t said it is Samsung and Samsung said it is At&t. I am frustrated also

Shodan
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
I was able to get a hold of somebody at AT&T also and explained the whole ordeal and long story short the person told me that they have received a lot of calls and complaints about this and there seems to be an issue with the towers between Samsung and AT&T. She could not give me an ETA of when this will get resolved but she did say the technicians are aware of it and are trying to resolve it as we speak. It could take days or weeks but it seems like they are aware of this weird issue happening on the AT&T carrier phones.
nhvpapi
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
How do you get rid of the software update interrupted thing on phones? Not the sound bar but the phone. Thanks.
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S22
Go back into software update and restart the update and let it finish. Also any notification you want to change hold it down for options Screenshot_20230526_163621_Samsung Members.jpg
0 Likes
dinoshadow
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
What do you mean. I have an a13 and I have the same problem. Everytime I try to update my software, it pops up with software update interrupted. Screenshot_20230526-151114_Software Update.jpg
ernessch
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
I try daily with my S21+ but get the same message you get plus my phone says "software update last checked April 29th,2023. I was on the phone with Samsung trying to diagnose the problem but nothing worked. I have an appointment at one of their service centers tomorrow.
Shodan
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
I am dealing with the same issue on my s22 Plus and I got nowhere when trying to call Samsung and they told me the same thing with one of their service centers. Hopefully you can figure something out because this seems to be a widespread issue with the May security update. Keep us updated to what you find out.
ernessch
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
Samsung Service center recommended a factory reset which I did at home. Still getting the interrupted message. Next step is leave it with then and have Samsung send fresh software. Not sure they have a fix. Seems related to the last update. One UI 5.0 Android 13.
Shodan
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
Thanks for the reply. I was able to talk to a Samsung customer service and I was trying to explain to them that factory resetting or reflashing the exact same software will not make a difference if there is a bug in the same software. You're going to go through all that work just to put the same buggy software on your phone. Clearly this is something to do with the recent update and it seems that a lot of AT&T phones are having this issue with the May security update. The issue will continue to be there if you have to keep redownloading the same buggy software which sometimes the customer service doesn't always seem to understand. Hopefully AT&T can figure this out soon.
ernessch
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
That was my thought. Why replace one buggy software with another. Going to wait until they fix it.