Original topic:

Something is seriously wrong with the s22 Ultras Night Mode.

(Topic created: 06-26-2022 10:22 PM)
Manoli
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
The camera in low light does not work properly anymore after April and May Update, and 2nd May update and now the June Update😔(2022). I noticed that when opening the camera app, the camera brings in light for a second, then dims back down. This problem used to be a night mode issue but has expanded to all modes. Night mode shots used to be amazing, but now it is very bad; it brings in virtually no light. After taking a picture from night mode, it does not even do anything; it's like you are using the regular camera without night mode. This issue did NOT occur prior to th April/May 2022 Update. I will screen recording this issue. I also included a comparison between my s10 plus and s22 ultra. The photo that is brighter is the s10 plus, and the darker one is the s22 ultra. Both phones were in the exact same conditions and environment while taking the photos. Something is seriously wrong with the s22 ultras night mode. 

14 Replies
Tony M
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S22
I tried mine in night mode and everything works fine
0 Likes
Manoli
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
Lucky you.
Are you in a dark place? My night mode works If there is a light on in the background, but if all the lights are off, but with some light from outside and electronics it works
0 Likes
Tony M
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S22
Taken in night mode.all lights off20220627_014513_909_1656308713.jpg
0 Likes
Manoli
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
That is what my s22 ultras night mode photos used to look like.
0 Likes
Tony M
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S22
Check camera settings. If nothing happens go to store see if they can help u out
0 Likes
Manoli
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
What's your camera version and Gallery version.

My camera version is 12.0.01.76
My Gallery version is 13.1.05.8
0 Likes
Tony M
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S22
Here's mineScreenshot_20220627-015410_Camera.jpgScreenshot_20220627-015345_Gallery.jpg
0 Likes
Manoli
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
Yeah its the same. I guess I'll just factory reset it. If it still happens then I'll just return the device and buy another one. I have until this Tuesday to return it back to Samsung.
Tony M
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S22
Let me know what happens.good luck
0 Likes