JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Status/Notification Bar Keeps Disappearing

(Topic created: 01-01-2024 07:42 AM)
Popcat
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Ever since the last update, the entire status/notification bar on my Samsung Galaxy 22 Ultra Plus keeps disappearing. Restarting my phone seems to fix it temporarily, but I'm having to restart my phone several times a day now. I can still see the status bar if I'm in an app, it's only disappearing from the main interface. Please advise. Thanks. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Popcat
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

I changed my launcher and that seems to have fixed it. 

View solution in context

0 Likes
6 Replies
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22
  • who's your carrier? 
  • is your phone unlocked or carrier-branded? 
  • are you using a different launcher (like Nova)? 
  • did you wipe your cache partition and repair apps from the recovery menu after the update? (if you didn't, give this a try) 
Popcat
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Thanks for the reply!

who's your carrier? Verizon

is your phone unlocked or carrier-branded? Carrier - branded (I believe)

are you using a different launcher (like Nova)? I use the one the phone came with.

did you wipe your cache partition and repair apps from the recovery menu after the update? (if you didn't, give this a try) Googling how to do this now.

Thanks again. 

Popcat
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

OK, I wiped the cache partition from the recovery menu earlier today, but the status/notification bar is gone again. 

0 Likes
SabianF
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

I've been having the same issue. The notifications bar at the top just seems to vanish for no reason. 

0 Likes
Solution
Popcat
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

I changed my launcher and that seems to have fixed it. 

0 Likes
Almo8and
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

I found a decent solution 

I think the phone is somewhat stuck in video full screen mode like in a YouTube video when you rotate the phone they disappear 

For me the solution was to open YouTube the turn the phone to fill screen then turn back by rotating to reverse this and they appear again