Original topic:

Still experiencing not able to download messages with Android 13 update S22 Ultra

(Topic created: 11-30-2022 09:57 AM)
--MzMariaJ
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
Got an update today after hoping the update to Android 13 would fix all the problems from the update before that. Android 13 had it's problems but it was better with the messaging issues I was having. Only to update my phone this morning to go back to the 1. Can't download messages issue and now all I hear is your phone is breaking up!!

5 Replies
NeonX89
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
Well data enabled? Texts won't go through without it if not.

As for bad cellular reception after an update? "If not in a usual zone where it worked for you before" it might be update bug.
--MzMariaJ
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
My text come through with the little yellow box saying it's downloading. And it doesn't. Some do and some don't. And as far and phone calls, I'm sitting in my room Taking calls and making calls from the same location where I was working from yesterday before the update. I went from the Note 20 to the S22 thinking the phone was the issue and the update would resolve the issues
0 Likes
--MzMariaJ
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
This is a text coming through Screenshot_20221130_132023_Messages_1000003178_1669832423.jpg
0 Likes
mqchards
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

I had a similar problem today after updating to Android 13 on an S21. A group text kept prompting that a message was awaiting download and that data service was needed. My cellular status icon did not indicate 4GLTE or 5G. My cellular connection was not connected to data services. I went to Connections/SIM manager and turned off the Verizon SIM and turned it back on. I then got a 5G connection and subsequent group texts came through without issue.

--MzMariaJ
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
I'll check that on my phone... Thanks
0 Likes