JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

T-Mobile $50 discount online activation is still not working

(Topic created: 03-21-2022 09:59 AM)
Sam_K
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22

Back during the Galaxy S22 pre-order period from Feb 12 to 14, I ran into an issue trying to take advantage of the additional $50 discount for using T-Mobile online activation.  When you select this discount, during checkout you're prompted to sign into your T-Mobile account using your phone number and PIN/passcode and it doesn't work.  You get an error that says "Something went wrong.  Please try again later."  but it never works later.  Yes, I've verified that I'm using the correct PIN so that's not the issue.  This issue was reported by another customer right after the S22 pre-order period started 5-6 weeks ago and it's still not fixed.  I work in IT and there's clearly some kind of authentication issue occurring between Samsung and T-Mobile.  Here's a screen shot of the error.

Sam_K_0-1647881672876.jpeg

The old discussion in the community that I participated in back in February appears to have been deleted because the link to the thread doesn't work and I don't see my comments from that thread in my posting history anymore.  Samsung must have deleted the discussion because it was never fixed.

Samsung, please address this issue. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Sam_K
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22

I finally placed an order with the $50 T-mobile online activation discount.  The T-Mobile support rep I chatted with via DM on Twitter fixed the issue on my account that was causing the issue so I'll explain what they did so that others can try it.  Apparently my account was still linked to my employer for a discount which no longer exists since T-Mobile discontinued the corporate discount program many years ago.  The T-Mobile rep said "It's possible that having this linked is creating an issue between T-Mobile and Samsungs online ordering system so what I'd like to do is submit to have that status removed and then see if you can complete a purchase online after that."  She put in the request to remove that on Saturday and by Sunday I was able to place the order with the T-Mobile online activation.  She said it could take 2-5 business days to remove it from my account but the T-Mobile rep told me to periodically keep trying to checkout with the online activation discount to see if it worked and it did the day after she put in the request to remove the corporate discount from my account.  

It looks like this corporate discount link caused Samsung to identify my T-Mobile account as a business account which is not supported on Samsung.com for online activation.  Here's a screen shot of part of the T-Mobile online activation sign-in page during checkout which says which account types are not supported. 

Sam_K_0-1648478126277.png

To get the corporate discount link removed from your T-Mobile account, I would contact T-Mobile T-Force via a DM to TMobileHelp on Twitter or through Facebook Messenger because they provide better support than the off-shore telephone support reps.  Here's a discussion on T-Mobile's community site about to reach T-Force.

https://community.t-mobile.com/accounts-services-4/how-to-reach-t-force-13286

View solution in context

15 Replies
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22
Please Contact the Samsung E-commerce support team and provide them with your order number and the issue with the Tmobile offer +18007267864
Sam_K
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
I did that the last time and they told me to place the order without the tmobile online activation discount and promised me $55 credit for the overcharge of plus tax and then they didn't live up to their promise so I returned the phone. They credited me less. I work in information technology and this is clearly a problem with Samsung's server communicating with t-mobile's server. Samsung needs to investigate and fix it. It's not just me who had this issue. The old thread that was removed from here had a lot of participants who reported the issue. I wonder why that thread was deleted? Sounds like Samsung is trying to hide the issue instead of fixing it.
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22
If it was a Tmobile promotion then they should have gave you the credit
Sam_K
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
Except the customer service reps can only credit a max of 5% which was a lot less than $55 even though I was promised $55. Why can't Samsung investigate the issue and fix it? I just confirmed my PIN with Tmobile again so I know I'm entering the correct PIN on your site.
0 Likes
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22
I just went to the Samsung store and then choose an s22 ultra phone Tmobile locked and it had a promotion for activation of the phone then I added it to check out and it shows the discount with a sim card in the order Screenshot_20220321-152814_Shop Samsung_892_1647890895.jpgScreenshot_20220321-152749_Shop Samsung_891_1647890869.jpg
Sam_K
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22

Yes, I can add the promotion to my cart too.  You're clearly not understanding the issue.  After you click "checkout" button in the shopping cart, you are promoted to sign into your T-Mobile line to perform the online activation and that step is NOT WORKING.  This is the next web page you get after you checkout with the T-Mobile online activation in your cart.  

Sam_K_0-1647891269338.jpeg

0 Likes
Sam_K
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22

Here's a link to the thread that was removed at some point so the link isn't working for me anymore.  I got this from my Samsung community email notification from Feb 14.  The title of the thread was "Pre-Order T-mobile activation issues".  Maybe you can restore the thread.  

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Moderated-Content/Pre-Order-T-mobile-activation-issues/m-p/21900...

user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22
The post is not available
Sam_K
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22

Yes I told you that the post is not available anymore.  Someone deleted or hid the whole thread.  I have links to it in my email but it doesn't show up in my comment history under my profile on here anymore which means it was removed or hidden.  Regardless, my point of sending you the link was to prove to you that I'm not the only one who reported this issue.