JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Talk to Text: mic missing from keyboard

(Topic created: 09-20-2022 07:16 AM)
SunshineKt316
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

I have a S22+ & can't seem to find the talk to text microphone button that I've always seen on all my other devices? Any suggestions on how to get this fixed, if even possible!!

Thanks in Advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
N0Y0U2114
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
First it depends on what keyboard you are using, the default keyboard is Samsung keyboard. The microphone could be in one of a few places. If you have the keyboard toolbar enabled, it might be one of the buttons on there, or it could be behind the "..." menu on the far left of the toolbar.

If you can't find it, but are using Samsung keyboard, you can change the keyboard settings through the default settings app. Search for "keyboard list and defualts" and make sure that either "Samsung voice input" and/or "google voice typing" shows up. Make sure at least one of them is turned on.
On the same page, make sure "show keyboard button on navigation bar" is on; this let's you change keyboards and will let you switch to a voice keyboard it's not working off your main keyboard. To switch, open the keyboard, and in the bottom right, there should be a button that looks like a keyboard, tap on it, and then tap on one of the voice keyboards that show up.

Hope this helps 🙂

View solution in context

9 Replies
userERv2KeuAzE
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
I press and hold the Bixby button for this
Belaythatorder
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
Are you using the Samsung messages/keyboard? If so open it and tap on the cogwheel icon over the top of the keyboard >scroll down to reset to default settings>reset keyboard settings. See if that will bring the microphone icon back.
Solution
N0Y0U2114
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
First it depends on what keyboard you are using, the default keyboard is Samsung keyboard. The microphone could be in one of a few places. If you have the keyboard toolbar enabled, it might be one of the buttons on there, or it could be behind the "..." menu on the far left of the toolbar.

If you can't find it, but are using Samsung keyboard, you can change the keyboard settings through the default settings app. Search for "keyboard list and defualts" and make sure that either "Samsung voice input" and/or "google voice typing" shows up. Make sure at least one of them is turned on.
On the same page, make sure "show keyboard button on navigation bar" is on; this let's you change keyboards and will let you switch to a voice keyboard it's not working off your main keyboard. To switch, open the keyboard, and in the bottom right, there should be a button that looks like a keyboard, tap on it, and then tap on one of the voice keyboards that show up.

Hope this helps 🙂
CoachAshley1983
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
You are my saving grace! My microphone icon suddenly disappeared and I've been trying for HOURS to fix it. You are the ONLY one who provided enough troubleshooting to help me get it back. THANK YOU!
Rouille
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
I thank you so much. My keyboard toolbar was missing after my latest stupid update! And your post is over a year old but boy did it help me tonight.
N0Y0U2114
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
Glad I was able to help.
0 Likes
chefBthack
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
After.an update I don't have the talk into phone and print out in messages . Suggestions please. 
0 Likes
Oxford
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S22
I have no idea what you are talking about in your head or you say talk to text option in your message you say something about printouts. Suggestion: kindly rephrase your concern and provide a screenshot if possible.
0 Likes
Trueman011969
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

I got it to work by using the English(US) setting only

0 Likes